Forum for kitesurfers
Twin-Fin
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Stretch F4 TL2 Durability Question?

Postby Twin-Fin » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:08 pm

Im seriously thinking about getting a 5'8" Stretch F4 TL2 as my high wind directional.
Im 5'10" at 175lbs. I would use this board with big surf 9m and 6m conditions and also in choppy swell in the gorge. I have read good things about the board but nothing about the durability.
How will this board hold up?
Anybody out thier have any experience with the Mulcoy TL2 or the F4 TL2.
Thanks for your feed back.

sc
Medium Poster

Re: Stretch F4 TL2 Durability Question?

Postby sc » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:05 pm

I have the 5'11" and am similar to your size. It's good for small surf strapless. You should consider a Naish Global 5'7" or smaller for the conditions you are describing. I was able to get my f4 on Craigs list for $250. They are fragile and don't do well in the shore break ( like any "surf" board ) . If you can get one for around the price I got mine for, then go for it, you got nothing to lose.

ptraykovski
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Stretch F4 TL2 Durability Question?

Postby ptraykovski » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:14 am

for big surf and high wind, especially if it is bit choppy check out the stretch YES model..it eats that stuff up like no other I have ridden. see their web site. But no production, just custom so $$$s but worth it. super durable too with the sandwich construction

Return to “Kitesurfing”