Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kiting in Ireland

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kiting in Ireland

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 09, 2003 2:41 pm

I'm going to dublin next week and is wondering if I should bring my equipment, anyone that holds any beginner courses down there?

Kitedemon
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Kitedemon » Wed Apr 09, 2003 7:53 pm

Hey,
Just fire along to Dollymount Beach in North Dublin (the One that looks like a big island stickin out into the Bay) AKA Bull Island . I'll Probably be there everyday weather permitting. There's also guys who give lessons.. but there are only 2 IKO Instructors in Ireland to my knowledge. If you need contact info drop me an E-mail and I'll fill you in.

And if your just beginning and need help launching etc don't do the Thing that many newbies i.e not asking for help or advice.. Everyone on Dollymount is Cool and Will be glad to help you.. Afterall we all had to start somewhere.

Look forward to seeing you out

Cheers

Finn

Dollymount is the place

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 09, 2003 8:21 pm

You can call Alex : 086-838-9880, he is IKO certified and will be able to help you in Dublin and with the course.

Kitedemon
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Kitedemon » Wed Apr 09, 2003 8:52 pm

Yeah. He's the second guy Right?... You can Call Gareth Toolin
Too,, HBSpirit :D What's the Craic with a HB like Event This year?

Other instructor...

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 10, 2003 2:38 pm

There is one other instructor in Ireland - albeit in the North. He's got got a shop in Belfast, and teaches all round Strangford Loch. The guys' name is Phil McConkey - I think the website of his shop is www.c2sky.info
So if you're up North at any time, there's a few of us go out here too!

-charlie :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”