*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Slingshot Turbo 3 Review
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:45 pm 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:05 pm
Posts: 4
very helpful!

I'm also looking for my first kite and the T3 is one of my top choices. I'm also 140lb looking for a good wind range and ease of use.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Slingshot Turbo 3 Review
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:51 am 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:47 am
Posts: 30
Location: Argentina
zxgravediggerxz wrote:
very helpful!

I'm also looking for my first kite and the T3 is one of my top choices. I'm also 140lb looking for a good wind range and ease of use.


T3 is the kite for you then! It´s the best kites for beginers! I have a 14m2, and I enjoy it every time with all kind of winds!


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Slingshot Turbo 3 Review
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:35 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:51 pm
Posts: 668
Location: Too many places
yeah im picking up a turbo 3 maybe this week
also can you guys post more photos of this kite?? please :D


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Slingshot Turbo 3 Review
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:04 am 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:06 pm
Posts: 97
Location: Australia
Just a bit of warning guys, never ever buy the kites aimed at beginners/interm. The thing is that most of us are beginners only for couple months or so and then what ....
I made this stupid mistake myself it was not T3 but similar brand new kite after a few weeks I was sick of slow turnning easy to use kite had to sell it virtually brand new at half price and buy proper fast and powerfull kites, a kite is never too fast in my opinnion ,if you can , get the fastest you can find, in SS range REV 2 is not a bad choice, why would anyone think about T3 having such option not to mention other great kites from 09 range.
I guess its advice only for people who want to take kiting seriously for others a beginner kite is best option , at least for the first few years!.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Slingshot Turbo 3 Review
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:24 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:51 pm
Posts: 668
Location: Too many places
wait so that means this kite wont be too good for any tricks like backrolls ect??
because i might get this kite this saterday(9m).so its really slow? how is the speed compared with like the same size waroo?
BLACKJACK wrote:
Just a bit of warning guys, never ever buy the kites aimed at beginners/interm. The thing is that most of us are beginners only for couple months or so and then what ....
I made this stupid mistake myself it was not T3 but similar brand new kite after a few weeks I was sick of slow turnning easy to use kite had to sell it virtually brand new at half price and buy proper fast and powerfull kites, a kite is never too fast in my opinnion ,if you can , get the fastest you can find, in SS range REV 2 is not a bad choice, why would anyone think about T3 having such option not to mention other great kites from 09 range.
I guess its advice only for people who want to take kiting seriously for others a beginner kite is best option , at least for the first few years!.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Slingshot Turbo 3 Review
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:11 am 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:23 pm
Posts: 249
Location: North Bay, ON, Canada
kiter147, TD3 is a fine kite.... you will enjoy it!


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Slingshot Turbo 3 Review
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:46 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:51 pm
Posts: 668
Location: Too many places
hey im glad you say i will like the turbo three.
from what i have been reading it should be good for jumping and hangtime
but what is the turning speed like?? for a 9m


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Slingshot Turbo 3 Review
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:38 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2003 7:06 pm
Posts: 2348
Location: MD
kiter147 wrote:
hey im glad you say i will like the turbo three.
from what i have been reading it should be good for jumping and hangtime
but what is the turning speed like?? for a 9m


The turning speed of the 9 is fine for any tricks you want to do. The 7, 9 & 11 are really sweet sizes for that kite. It is not the fastest turning kite out there, but it is no pig. My only complaint with the turning speed was on the top end of the kite as it really slows down when you trim or sheet out. All kites do, but the T3 slows more than others. If you ride it in the low to mid-high range, it is fine.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Slingshot Turbo 3 Review
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:56 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:51 pm
Posts: 668
Location: Too many places
well maybe for higher winds SS slowed the kite down so its not turning too much or moving too much/?


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Slingshot Turbo 3 Review
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:39 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:27 pm
Posts: 1098
Location: Hood River, Or. USA
The T3 is one of the finest Bows on the market! You can either learn with it or progress. It all comes down to rider preference about what they want in a kite.

Not only is the kite dialed from 4 years of R&D but also it comes with one of the best 4-line below the bar safety attachments "CSS" on the market and can be ridden in either 1:1 or 2:1

Speed, Range, Relaunch, Build quality and performance are all there. Plus with the Unreal Summer Special that has either a Ignition 38 or 44 package with it. Makes it one of the best price point packages out there.

T3 5M & Ignition 38 or 44 - 999.00
T3 7M & Ignition 38 or 44 - 1069.00
T3 9M & Ignition 38 or 44 - 1099.00
T3 11M & Ignition 38 or 44 - 1169.00
14 and 17 are sold out. So we added the 15 to fill the light wind spot
15M REV & Ignition 38 or 44- 1199.00

Regarding speed of the kite. It can be slow if you want it and fast if you want it; it all depends on how much bar input you put into it. The 9/7m overpowered will jump beyond your limits....


Attachments:
arnim_kite_.jpg
arnim_kite_.jpg [ 358.39 KIB | Viewed 2731 times ]
Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group