Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

F-One Trax 4 vs. Slingshot Lunacy

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
arthurblot
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Napeague Bay (NY), Montauk (NY), Crandon Park (FL)
Style: Freestyle and Wakes
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

F-One Trax 4 vs. Slingshot Lunacy

Postby arthurblot » Wed May 20, 2009 10:35 pm

I am currently ridding a 2008 Nobile 666 129x39 that I love compared but my big issue with this board are the foot straps. I always loose my board in jumps and tricks. I could have changed them with other types but somebody sold me spare screws for the footstraps that are stainless steel. I tried everything, including drilling them, to take the screws off, but it is impossible.

I would like to buy another board with very good foot straps and great overall performance: light, pop, landing, etc. I have two in mind:
1) F-One Trax 4: renowned for the quality and comfort of their straps and great overall board quality.
2) Slingshot Lunacy: straps are ok I think and board is good

Bottom line:
- Price: Lunacy wins (I can get the lunacy for $560, the Trax is $850*)
- Comfort: Trax-4 wins
- Performance: What do you think?
I think I am ready to go for the Trax because I read great stuff but I just want to make sure it worth the extra $300…

*Unless you know a place where I can get a better price…

jens_buhl
Medium Poster

Re: F-One Trax 4 vs. Slingshot Lunacy

Postby jens_buhl » Thu May 21, 2009 8:09 am

When looking at F-One, then do not forget they also have a model called Acid (new school) as well as the FX (freeride).

I tried the Trax4 because of it's great reviews from last year, but did not like the way it always "tracks" in the water. It litterally needs to be popped and sliding is not an option. However, carving turns and comfort is top of the line. Maybe smaller fins, or no-fins, would be perfect, but never tried that. Demo if possible...

arthurblot
Rare Poster

Postby arthurblot » Thu May 21, 2009 2:57 pm

Ok I am going to look at the ACID and and TX2 too but I don't know anything about them.

That's for your comment on the TRAX, it's good to know beacuse I am used to the easy and still very controlable sliding with my 666.

Has anybody tried the 2009 ACID, the TX2 or the Lunacy?

tks'

jwoodunlv
Frequent Poster

Postby jwoodunlv » Thu May 21, 2009 3:22 pm

Save yourself a ton of money and just get some backless bindings like the cabrinha syncs. I tried some at the kite roundup and they were awesome. Really solid connection to the board.

arthurblot
Rare Poster

Postby arthurblot » Thu May 21, 2009 3:34 pm

Unfortunately I can't change the foot straps of my 666 because the screws are dead. I already tried everything including drilling them out with a reverse thread bit but it didn't work. The original pads are still on the board so at least I can still ride it, but I loose the board in many jumps and tricks :-( Hence the desire to change after a year of frustration.

arthurblot
Rare Poster

Postby arthurblot » Thu May 21, 2009 3:44 pm

Unfortunately I can't change the foot straps of my 666 because the screws are dead. I already tried everything including drilling them out with a reverse thread bit but it didn't work. The original pads are still on the board so at least I can still ride it, but I loose the board in many jumps and tricks :-( Hence the desire to change after a year of frustration.

recoprianto
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kitebeach, Maui
Favorite Beaches: Sherman Island, CA; La Ventana, Mexico; all of NE Brazil; Kite Beach, Maui
Style: Freeride
Gear: North Neo, North Dice, Custom Surf, North Team Series
Brand Affiliation: North USA team rider

Postby recoprianto » Thu May 21, 2009 4:26 pm

I have not irdden the F-One boards. However, I used to ride the Lunacy 129. A really killer board that pops like no other board I had ever ridden. I thought I would never sell that board and was actually looking into buying another one recently.

Then I tried the new Wainman Blunts. I just sold my Lunacy and am not looking back one bit. If you are looking for a board with pop, cush landings and a sharp enough edge to cut through chop, you might want to try the Blunt. The 130 is the size I prefer at 185lbs.

Return to “Reviews”