Favorite Beaches: broken head Byron bay Oz
le morne Mauritius island
Gear: wainman hawai
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Wainman Hawaii Blunts (Photo's)

Postby tama » Wed May 20, 2009 6:44 pm

recoprianto wrote:The board holds an edge really well. I have not ridden it in a gust of 20, but in 5-10 gusts, it works.
hi reco
wich size do you have and what is your weight?
best regards

recoprianto
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kitebeach, Maui
Favorite Beaches: Sherman Island, CA; La Ventana, Mexico; all of NE Brazil; Kite Beach, Maui
Style: Freeride
Gear: North Neo, North Dice, Custom Surf, North Team Series
Brand Affiliation: North USA team rider

Postby recoprianto » Thu May 21, 2009 2:15 am

I weigh 185 lbs = 84kg. I ride the 130 almost exclusively. If you can get your hands on one to demo, I recommend you do so.

I now have 8 out of the last 14 days on the board. I am having a hard time coming up with the words to describe how happy I am with it. On Monday evening, I was riding the 130 Blunt and the 9m smoke lit in 30mph gusting to about 35mph. I was boosting at least 35-feet, maybe 40-feet. Sadly, I landed directly on my side fully powered from about 20-feet up and have either separated or broken ribs (waiting on the doctor to look at the x-rays). It looks like I am out for 2-6 weeks.

Friday at Sherman Island there was a demo and there were about 25 kites out on blunts ranging from the 120 (yes people were even on the 120) - 135. Not a single person coming in had anything but a big smile and a look of surprise on their face. Most everyone feels the weight (it is extremely light) and assumes it won't perform or will break. But once they ride them, you can see a spark in their eyes.

Shawn Richman was in town for the demo and was throwing 30-40-foot megaloops on the 9m smoke and the 125 Blunt in the 30mph wind on Monday. He stacked the board 15-20 times and did not phase the board he was using. The riding was more powered than I have ever seen in real person. Then he switched to the 6.5m Gypsy because the wind picked up to about 33mph average. He had at least a 3 hour session and the gear held up to his punishment.

splatnikGanglion
Very Frequent Poster

Postby splatnikGanglion » Thu May 21, 2009 5:14 am

boards look sick but jesus, "blunt" and "smoke"? seriously, all the words in in all the languages of the world and this is what those guys come up with? I mean, worship getting high all you want but at least come up with some creative ways of referencing it in your products. "blunt" was a cool slang term in what, '92? This is what I mean when I say kiteboarding culture is kinda stupid.

They to look cool though and I like the graphics if not the name. I gotta try and find a demo sometime... and buy a sticker to cover up the stupid name.

wondamic
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Leadbetter and C-Street
Style: Freestyle & Waves
Gear: Wainman all the way!
Brand Affiliation: Airborne Kiteboarding

Postby wondamic » Thu May 21, 2009 5:27 am

RECO

Shit bro, I heard from Chris the other day that you messed yourself up. I didn't realize that this is you recoprianto, I guess prianto is your last name? Anyways man, I'm glad to see that you are at least able to get online and type. I tore my rib muscle last season and it took months for that shit to finally be cool. I hope you recover quicker than me!

My wife and I will try to make it back out there before season ends. Hopefully you will be good to go by then. Take care man and tell the crew I said hello.

Mike

NEkitesurfing
Frequent Poster

Postby NEkitesurfing » Thu May 21, 2009 12:43 pm

I saw the pictures from the sherman islands demo with Shawn Richman and his white blunt board. Will Wainman release the blunts in the white design or other colours too? For me personally I would prefer white rather than brown.

tama
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: la saline Reunion island
Favorite Beaches: broken head Byron bay Oz
le morne Mauritius island
Gear: wainman hawai

Postby tama » Thu May 21, 2009 3:35 pm

recoprianto wrote:I weigh 185 lbs = 84kg. I ride the 130 almost exclusively. If you can get your hands on one to demo, I recommend you do so.

I now have 8 out of the last 14 days on the board. I am having a hard time coming up with the words to describe how happy I am with it. On Monday evening, I was riding the 130 Blunt and the 9m smoke lit in 30mph gusting to about 35mph. I was boosting at least 35-feet, maybe 40-feet. Sadly, I landed directly on my side fully powered from about 20-feet up and have either separated or broken ribs (waiting on the doctor to look at the x-rays). It looks like I am out for 2-6 weeks.

Friday at Sherman Island there was a demo and there were about 25 kites out on blunts ranging from the 120 (yes people were even on the 120) - 135. Not a single person coming in had anything but a big smile and a look of surprise on their face. Most everyone feels the weight (it is extremely light) and assumes it won't perform or will break. But once they ride them, you can see a spark in their eyes.

Shawn Richman was in town for the demo and was throwing 30-40-foot megaloops on the 9m smoke and the 125 Blunt in the 30mph wind on Monday. He stacked the board 15-20 times and did not phase the board he was using. The riding was more powered than I have ever seen in real person. Then he switched to the 6.5m Gypsy because the wind picked up to about 33mph average. He had at least a 3 hour session and the gear held up to his punishment.
thanks reco for your INFO.
i will go for the 125
i'm 15kg less than you.
the good thing is: idon't have muscle on my ribs! no risk to bruise one.
hope you getting well very soon.
best regards

recoprianto
Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sherman Island, CA; La Ventana, Mexico; all of NE Brazil; Kite Beach, Maui

Postby recoprianto » Thu May 21, 2009 4:31 pm

NEkitesurfing wrote:I saw the pictures from the sherman islands demo with Shawn Richman and his white blunt board. Will Wainman release the blunts in the white design or other colours too? For me personally I would prefer white rather than brown.
I think the white board was an early proto board and one of the locals at Sherman Island rides it now. The colors are set for this year (as the boards just came out about a month ago). White for the 135, green for the 130, yellow for the 125, and rainbow for hte 120.

Maybe new colors next year. But don't let the colors deter you until you try the board's performance.

recoprianto
Frequent Poster

Postby recoprianto » Thu May 21, 2009 4:43 pm

wondamic wrote:RECO

Shit bro, I heard from Chris the other day that you messed yourself up. I didn't realize that this is you recoprianto, I guess prianto is your last name? Anyways man, I'm glad to see that you are at least able to get online and type. I tore my rib muscle last season and it took months for that shit to finally be cool. I hope you recover quicker than me!

My wife and I will try to make it back out there before season ends. Hopefully you will be good to go by then. Take care man and tell the crew I said hello.

Mike
Yeah, kiting with Shawn and Eric in that heavy wind motivated me to push myself a little harder than usual. I've got an impact vest and a waist harness on the way. Hopefully that combo will get me out sooner than later.

Come up anytime, the wind will be blowing as long as it is before October.

kitenaked
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sherman Island - NorCal
Area 51
Style: not naked
Brand Affiliation: Kite Naked, JN Kites, Cabrinha, Shinn & Wainman

Postby kitenaked » Thu May 21, 2009 10:08 pm

I was out the same time when Reco jacked his ribs up.

I am a little heavier than him, but was out on the 120 with little fins also on the 9m Smoke....

The 130 is the board of choice for me or the 135 in conditions a little lighter.

At this time, colors are not going to change. Like Reco said, don't let the colors or designs stop you from riding one of these.

OOOOhhh the 130 is sweet!

kitenaked
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sherman Island - NorCal
Area 51
Style: not naked
Brand Affiliation: Kite Naked, JN Kites, Cabrinha, Shinn & Wainman

Postby kitenaked » Thu May 21, 2009 10:11 pm

Some pics of the Kite Naked - Wainman Hawaii demo just last weekend......

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 10f40fd99b

Give me a shout if you want to get some of the Wainman gear into your hands!

Chris

http://www.kitenaked.com

Return to “Kitesurfing”