Forum for kitesurfers
ian c
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Headin to Maui

Postby ian c » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:06 am

Just come in from a surf and its taken 2 hours for my feet to thaw out. So me and a friend booked to Maui again in a few weeks, thanks swine flu for the great flight price..

Stayed at Tropo House, Haiku, last time which was real chilled and nice and NZ style rural, but I know it was getting shut down by the authorities for not being a 20 story hotel. Maybe somewhere we can walk to with beer this time...? Any accom within a few mins walk to Paia..? open to any accommodation suggestions really...

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Headin to Maui

Postby tautologies » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:01 pm

ian c wrote:Just come in from a surf and its taken 2 hours for my feet to thaw out. So me and a friend booked to Maui again in a few weeks, thanks swine flu for the great flight price..

Stayed at Tropo House, Haiku, last time which was real chilled and nice and NZ style rural, but I know it was getting shut down by the authorities for not being a 20 story hotel. Maybe somewhere we can walk to with beer this time...? Any accom within a few mins walk to Paia..? open to any accommodation suggestions really...
there is a new boutique (don't ask me what that means...) hotel in Paia town..seems nice...they also have some appts. toward the beach, so if they don;t have any rooms open, send them an email anyhow..

Miltsface
Frequent Poster

Postby Miltsface » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:21 pm

I was in maui last month and also checked out a hotel in paia. I think you're probably talking about the paia inn http://www.paiainn.com/ . right in the middle of paia and on the beach. You're not allowed to kite right behind the hotel, not sure how far you'd have to go to kite, but its only a 10 minute drive to kite beach. wasn't cheap, i think around US$200 per night, but maybe not outrageous for the location.

mcallisterkiter
Rare Poster

Postby mcallisterkiter » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:17 pm

Bestwestern Oceanfront inn Kihei is the best deal I found. Attached to Sarento's great upscale dining. Lots of low budget restaurants in Kihei as well. 15-20 min drive to kitebeach. Around 150 a night.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:03 pm

Miltsface wrote:I was in maui last month and also checked out a hotel in paia. I think you're probably talking about the paia inn http://www.paiainn.com/ . right in the middle of paia and on the beach. You're not allowed to kite right behind the hotel, not sure how far you'd have to go to kite, but its only a 10 minute drive to kite beach. wasn't cheap, i think around US$200 per night, but maybe not outrageous for the location.
yup, thats it, I do think they have some cottages in the back. I'm guessing Ian will have a car either way, and the walking distance to the pubs, he can drive to kite - walk to drink..makes sense.

How did you like the place?

There is another place which is not walking distance, but a very hidden place..I'll see if I can remember the name.

If you're looking for cheap, Maui Sands not far from Kitebeach. Last time I was over I got some insane deals on a place in Ka'anapali, but I that was because I have friend here that works in the hotel industry. I still think there some insane prices to be made..

a.

ian c
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ian c » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:32 pm

$200 us a night, that is what some earn in a week here!

Thanks for the advice.

Return to “Kitesurfing”