Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
p3tros
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

North vegas 08 or bandit dos quiver??

Postby p3tros » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:04 am

hi all,

i have been looking for a new kite quiver and after some research i am between the vegas 08 and the bandit dos. this is because both have great depower, good boosting ability and perform well unhooked.

i have tried the vegas 08 9m and i can say i was quite impressed!!! definitely one of the best kites ever tried, but i have read some forums saying that these kites tend to invert after a couple of crashes and some have issues with strut stiching..

i have found a set of brand new 08 vegases at great price (which can be rarely found new, even second hand), but after reading all these forums i am having second thoughts. my second thought is the bandit dos!

has anybody tried both kites?? are they similar in any way??

there is a lot going on about the bandit dos and the shops claim that soon all of them will be sold out. some have also said that their price might go up!!! :o

are they really such good kites????

>> let there always be wind

woodfu
Frequent Poster

Re: North vegas 08 or bandit dos quiver??

Postby woodfu » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:30 am

I've tried both, and have more experiance with the Bandits. They're totally different kites. I quite like the Bandits but no matter what anyone tells you they are not a c kite. Do you want a C or a decent alternative for a "flat kite" that is powerful, fast, responsive and with excellent feedback?

Best advise i would give you is to get a Torch, they dont fall apart like the norths :thumb:

paulie
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby paulie » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:28 pm

If you can get your hands on a set of 08 Vegas's then just do it... I have been riding 08's for nearly 2 years now and none of my 5 kites have had any issues what so ever. They have been crashed and bashed about and have stood up amazingly. These kites are simply the mutts nuts and soooo much better than the sheet and ride mundaneness of a Bandit. There is a reason why you cant get hold of 08 Vegas's new or secondhand!!

p3tros
Rare Poster

Postby p3tros » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:40 am

thanks for the replies.

i want a kite like the vegas and the vapor. great feeling - great performance - great depower. want to kite anywhere so a straight C kite with little depower is not my first choice.

the only thing that worries me is the stories read/told about the built quality of the vegas, otherwise i would get them straight away, no question. i had a close friend with rhinos 07 and every week or two he had to visit the local repair guy!!! but it looks like everybody keeps the vegas 08s; like i said none can be found anywhere!!

i ve also riden the torch 06 and 07, both great kites, but i think i fell in love with the vegas.

is the bandit doing so good because of these cool videos and funky website???????

>> let there always be wind

osiolahuj
Rare Poster

Postby osiolahuj » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:44 pm

you can't go wrong with 08 vegas, I really like them.... and when it comes to quality I always thought North was one of the best comanies around...I beat the shit out of my kites and never had any issues, fingers crossed...

alexprehn123
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Point Clark, Ontario.
Favorite Beaches: Oasis Playo Coco resort beach (Cuba)
Style: wakestyle
Gear: 2009 North Vegas 9m,12m, and cabrinha custom 138 with ronix black franks and a mystic warrior 2 len10 edition.

Postby alexprehn123 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:37 pm

woodfu wrote:I've tried both, and have more experiance with the Bandits. They're totally different kites. I quite like the Bandits but no matter what anyone tells you they are not a c kite. Do you want a C or a decent alternative for a "flat kite" that is powerful, fast, responsive and with excellent feedback?

Best advise i would give you is to get a Torch, they dont fall apart like the norths :thumb:
man im totally with you im never buying north ever again in my life they do fall apart :x :x :x :x

alexprehn123
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Point Clark, Ontario.
Favorite Beaches: Oasis Playo Coco resort beach (Cuba)
Style: wakestyle
Gear: 2009 North Vegas 9m,12m, and cabrinha custom 138 with ronix black franks and a mystic warrior 2 len10 edition.

Postby alexprehn123 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:40 pm

osiolahuj wrote:you can't go wrong with 08 vegas, I really like them.... and when it comes to quality I always thought North was one of the best comanies around...I beat the shit out of my kites and never had any issues, fingers crossed...
sure not what happen to me i rarly crash mine and take very good care of them and the bladder gets twisted inside some how ps never took it out and i bought it new ps and i my depower line dont even wanna talk about wear fest 09.

Quinlan
Rare Poster
Style: oldschool
Gear: north!!

Postby Quinlan » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:04 am

alexprehn123 wrote:
osiolahuj wrote:you can't go wrong with 08 vegas, I really like them.... and when it comes to quality I always thought North was one of the best comanies around...I beat the shit out of my kites and never had any issues, fingers crossed...
sure not what happen to me i rarly crash mine and take very good care of them and the bladder gets twisted inside some how ps never took it out and i bought it new ps and i my depower line dont even wanna talk about wear fest 09.
Why don't we proof read are shit before we post it buddy or are you to stupid to? oh and "PS" north is fine and their depower line is fine. "PS" idiot!!!!!

Kobrin
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Zeebrugge, Vrouwenpolder
Favorite Beaches: Cumbuco, hamata kitevillage, kremasti
Style: Big air, freestyle, wake
Gear: North vegas 12m 2008

North evo 2009 7m and 2012 9m

Aboards Z-series 2013 133*41
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby Kobrin » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:51 am

I ride my 3 north vegasses for 2 seazons, they crash al lot on the water, and they take the bashings without problems!

Every brand had their problems in the past, most brands are fine now.

You can have bad luck with every brand.

Get the vegas 08, they will last and perform great :thumb:

Why do you think tey are sold out everywhere?? :D

Dr_Rosen
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dr_Rosen » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:07 pm

Never tried a Vegas. But i do have one Delta kite (my 14m). They fly very differently. You definately wnat to try one before buying !

Return to “Reviews”