Streeter
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

First couple of kites and destination

Postby Streeter » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:55 pm

Hi,

I'm looking to purchase my first two C kites and find a hot reasonably priced destination for fast learner progression for 1 month in May 2010, maybe Egypt.

I've already had 8 hrs of lessons and have managed first runs in both directions and can comfortably fly other powerkites such as the 5m blade. I weigh just over 11 stone, in reasonable shape, competent wakeboarder and windsurfer and would mostly fly in the UK (north norfolk and south coast) but would certainly go abroad for holidays.

I've heard good things about North Kites (I learnt on a Rebel and my mate just bought a vegas and an evo) and that a 9m and a 12m would be a good quiver to start.

Any suggestions on kites, good shops, advice, boards and destinations would be really appreciated.

P.S I'm not rich so probably wouldn't be looking to buy a 2009 kite.

Cheers,
James

HypeTheKite
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Mission Bay, San Diego
Favorite Beaches: Still working on this part
Gear: looking

Re: First couple of kites and destination

Postby HypeTheKite » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:21 am

James, check out Bellingham Kiteboarding. They have Liquid Force Sessions with bar and lines for $529. I have done a lot of research and found these are really good kites for the money. I'm getting ready to pick one up. Good Luck

Streeter
Rare Poster

Re: First couple of kites and destination

Postby Streeter » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:43 pm

Cheers, will check them out, hearing good things about the Naish Torch too.

Return to “Kitesurfing”