arghhh
Rare Poster
Style: All
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: EH OV (Ovando) - Update

Postby arghhh » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:48 am

One pump systems suck! I can pump up and roll up my kite faster than all the one pumps on my beach. And, on top of that, every one pump kite that I catch is never filled with enough air. I cannot stand one pump systems! :angryfire:

For anyone to choose a one pump system over a high performance kite is absolutely ridiculous. I can't believe that people are always surprised that a kite does not have a one pump system. Until someone comes up with a better idea than multiple point inflation I will not be flying a kite with a one pump system.

BTW, this "Ovando" looks like it kicks a$$. How do I get one in the U.S?

poldo
Frequent Poster

Postby poldo » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:24 am

a standard inflation system is more reliable, and in a 3-strut kite a one-pump system is meaningless. Could be useful in 5-6-7 strut kite, but even here we should consider that there's nothing worse thatn a one-pump-system-failure in a sunny afternoon with 20 kts in a kitetrip... :bye:

about the kite, I would like to see how perform bigger size, even if this 7m pulls lie a 9m flat, is not enough in our area where summer breeze are around 11-13 kts, we need the 11m

ScottM
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ScottM » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:23 pm

Funny the last 3 years or whatever it is I've never seen any one pump issues, actually not true just the North system, but other than that they've been faultless. At the end of the day there are plenty high performance kites to choose from, so at least for me the one which has the most complete package with features I prefer is most likely the one I'd end up choosing. Shame cause it does look like a nice kite, but I bet there will be a fair number who feel the same way.

5thliner
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cabarete
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Hookipa
Style: Big Air
Gear: EH kiteboarding 100%
Brand Affiliation: EH Kiteboarding

Postby 5thliner » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:49 pm

The performance loss because of low strut pressure in one pump systems is just not acceptable.

So again one pump is a big NO, if we sell less kites because of it so be it, I do this for fun anyway :-).

ScottM, like you said there are many kites that you like with a working one pump system, I suggest you stick to those :-).

E

nicegrab
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Anything within 100 km radius of 54° / 110°
Favorite Beaches: Lat: 54.5591, Lon: -110.2433, Alt: 531m
Style: Freeride
Gear: Rise 7,10,14m | Mako Wide | Nobile T555
Brand Affiliation: http://www.kentmedia.ca/
http://www.reverbnation.com/autozenith/

Postby nicegrab » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:12 pm

You guys are hilarious. Pure semantics in the grand scheme of things ...

Windrider
Very Frequent Poster
Location: Kailua, Hawaii, currently riding EH and OR kites (2013 Razor rocks!)

Postby Windrider » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:47 am

nicegrab wrote:You guys are hilarious. Pure semantics in the grand scheme of things ...
Interesting statement. Please provide a context. The discussion of one pump versus non-one-pump is certainly not one of semantics. It's one of design and the considerations of the impact of the design.

nicegrab
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Anything within 100 km radius of 54° / 110°
Favorite Beaches: Lat: 54.5591, Lon: -110.2433, Alt: 531m
Style: Freeride
Gear: Rise 7,10,14m | Mako Wide | Nobile T555
Brand Affiliation: http://www.kentmedia.ca/
http://www.reverbnation.com/autozenith/

Postby nicegrab » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:30 am

Windrider wrote:
nicegrab wrote:You guys are hilarious. Pure semantics in the grand scheme of things ...
Interesting statement. Please provide a context. The discussion of one pump versus non-one-pump is certainly not one of semantics. It's one of design and the considerations of the impact of the design.
Performance and safety aside... are we not all just looking at getting out there?

Honestly, either concept would suite me fine, and I see more advantages to having the struts inflated separately, but either way ... I'll still have the same shit eating grin on my face at the end of the day.

panchito
Very Frequent Poster

Postby panchito » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:16 am

One pump is around 1 minute faster when inflating :argue: No one pump is around 1 minute faster when deflating

Saludos

Franz

ScottM
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ScottM » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:16 pm

5thliner wrote:The performance loss because of low strut pressure in one pump systems is just not acceptable.

So again one pump is a big NO, if we sell less kites because of it so be it, I do this for fun anyway :-).

ScottM, like you said there are many kites that you like with a working one pump system, I suggest you stick to those :-).

E
Why are you meant to run 14psi in the struts? I know I didn't have issue in your home town cause I had some nice fellow set it up with compressed air, but that was just honestly something that would have bugged me had I purchased it and had to deal with on a daily basis. For me it's not the time saved, but more the hassle of fiddling with ball valves and connecting up just for 5 pumps on the smaller struts!

Anyway buddy just pointing out what bugged me personally about the kite, bit like buying a BMW and being told it only comes with wind up windows because it's more reliable! :allbegood:

biggins
Very Frequent Poster

Postby biggins » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:50 pm

it's a shame this thread turned into a one pump vs non-one pump thread. :roll:

Return to “Reviews”