All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: EH kites Ovando 7M 9M 11M
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:45 pm 
Rare Poster

I have just returned from a vacation in Cabarete where I had the pleasure to test the new Ovando 7,9 and 11. This is the first time that I have ever flown an EH kite and I was very impressed. The bar is clean, simple and well made. I normally do not like the feel of bow kites but the Ovando is different, the power is clean and constant with just enough depower to handle the biggest gust. The kite gives incredible lift, jumps are huge with unbelievible hang time. All I can say is that I am looking to buy one.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: EH kites Ovando 7M 9M 11M
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:06 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Did you try all three sizes?

How's the wind range?

How's the turning speed?

Thx,

Ed

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:31 am 
Rare Poster

Yeah the new Ovando looks great, looking forward to try!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:14 am 
Medium Poster

cpkiter wrote:
I have just returned from a vacation in Cabarete where I had the pleasure to test the new Ovando 7,9 and 11. This is the first time that I have ever flown an EH kite and I was very impressed. The bar is clean, simple and well made. I normally do not like the feel of bow kites but the Ovando is different, the power is clean and constant with just enough depower to handle the biggest gust. The kite gives incredible lift, jumps are huge with unbelievible hang time. All I can say is that I am looking to buy one.

hi guys, about ovando my hunch is exactly the opposite! I tried this kite for the firts time yesterday and yes... I agree, it was powerfull and quick but, it was extremely prone of backstall and the power it was on/off like no others!

but maybe I should try this kite another time before to judge!

ciao

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:15 pm 
Medium Poster

Massimo,
were did you try this kite and what size was it, and in how much wind

my experience in Cabarete was fantastic, I tried the 13M first and next day 11M and the smaller sizes.
The 11M was favorite for my home conditions.

I did the back stall test. took the rear lines and oversheet to see the kite reaction.. I had to pull very far to get it to fly backwards.

anyway, I had a try on all sizes and was convinced to change my Eze and Ripper for the Ovando.

here is video of 13M in no wind, kite does not stall at all in super light winds.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:02 pm 
Frequent Poster

Massimo wrote:
cpkiter wrote:

hi guys, about ovando my hunch is exactly the opposite! I tried this kite for the firts time yesterday and yes... I agree, it was powerfull and quick but, it was extremely prone of backstall and the power it was on/off like no others!

but maybe I should try this kite another time before to judge!

ciao

you need to check the trim line isn't too long by about 5cm . . . my 7m came with this . . .

the trim line is to be about 25 cm long . . . all four lines are equal when the bar is up against the trim loop and the depower strap is set to full power . . .

the lines need to be attached to the knots furtherest from the kite on both front and back lines . . .

if this is done, there will be no backstall . . .

hope this has been of help . . .

[ 6 posts ]