Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

who rides naish mutant series?

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 11, 2002 11:54 pm

I'd like know peoples opinions about these boards. What's the scoop?
-keep riding

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 02, 2002 12:56 pm

Hiya,

I've been riding the 2001 Naish mutant, and I like the board alot. The thing is, that I have been riding it as a directional board, I don't ride it backwards, like it is supposedly able to be ridden.

Anyhow, the board holds alot of power and is very well behaved sailing in a straight line, really very nice. Jibing takes a little bit of footwork, but just stick with it, it's not too difficult.

Have fun!

kGreg
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby kGreg » Tue Jul 02, 2002 1:17 pm

I copied below the my user review that I entered recently:

Naish Mutant 5'5

I have had this board for a few weeks now and I just love it. It is big enough to ride in light to medium winds, but still small and light enough to perform radical turns. It is very easy to ride upwind with this board and it's very quick/speedy. I would also recommend it to light-weight beginners. However, it is a technical board, it could take you a few days to get used to it, but once done, it's very fine.
Footstrap setup: I have tried different setups, but I like the 3 footstrap setup most. This setup gives me the best control. However I adjusted the footstrap, my front foot kept sliding out while I was using the 2 footstrap setup.
Riding on the nose? I would say it is probably very difficult, I use this board primarily because of it's directional qualities. Smaller sizes are probably more suitable for riding on the nose.

Nevertheless for stronger winds (6+ Bft.) I will use a smaller twintip, because I think that the smaller mutants will be extremly technical. I did not try them yet, so that's just a guess.

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 03, 2002 11:19 pm

Nice board to ride but their construction is crap and break very easily, if Naish get this problem sorted out then well worth trying, otherwise stay away.
Also if you do have a problem..hope you have better luck than most!!?

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 03, 2002 11:20 pm

Nice board to ride but their construction is crap and break very easily, if Naish get this problem sorted out then well worth trying, otherwise stay away.
Also if you do have a problem..hope you have better luck than most!!?

Return to “Kitesurfing”