Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

X2 Leash system safety

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 03, 2002 11:25 pm

I’m a bit worried about the leash system of the X2 kites.
Here is a photo to illustrate the possible problem: http://users.pandora.be/chriszie/X2LEASH.JPG
If you let go the bar, will the line attachment knot (inside the red circle on photo) go through the metal ring without getting stuck ? If I manually try to push the knot through the metal ring I need to put it in the right angle and push hard to get it trough.
Just imagine in a real situation if the knot get's stuck at the metal ring....I guess you hang at your leash with a fully powered kite....and before you know the kite would start spinnning...and in that case you may need to release the leash....
I guess and hope that their is no problem when applying real kite forces to it, but I would like your oppinion.

Cheers,
Christian

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 04, 2002 7:53 am

Good question. Here is the photo:

:cool:

jever98
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby jever98 » Thu Jul 04, 2002 8:44 am

DANGER!
You mounted the leash system incorrectly! The blue line with the stopper ball should be directly attached to the flying line. That way, it will pull through without any problems whatsoever.
The way it is set-up now is very dangerous, since it is prone to getting stuck.
Cheers
Nico

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 04, 2002 8:15 pm

Wrong setup, exactly what I hoped for, Thanks !
Now I have taken a look to the manual and indeed...
The second piece of leader line on the V-strap (the one with the fat knot in red circle on photo) just looks like the logical place to attach the flying line. Why is it there for ? For leashless setup ? This piece of line is not illustrated in the manual. Also, now that I have corrected the setup I have a small line length difference between the two depower lines (only 5cm).

GoodWinds,
Christian

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 07, 2002 10:09 pm

the second line is for a leashless set up

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 08, 2002 3:32 am

phree
Medium Poster

Postby phree » Mon Jul 08, 2002 4:10 am

Well, that's almost impossible to see, isn't it?! Click here for a much more clear image:

http://207.36.97.149/html/page_5.html

Return to “Kitesurfing”