Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Takoon

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 18, 2002 7:14 pm

Do anyone know about the durability of the Takoon. They have great performance and also very light. But I'm wondering if that performance take off the durability of the kite.

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 02, 2002 8:00 pm

Don't know yet. Here one guy broke one on the first day but all the other riders are still flying good.

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 03, 2002 10:29 am

We are 3 guys who riding with takoon kites for 3 months now, and we havent had any kind og problem with this super kite !

/Peter

Crusher
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Crusher » Wed Jul 03, 2002 10:49 am

They fly great, but don't hold up. We've seen two of the larger kite start ripping from halfway down the struts into the canopee. Easy enough to fix but very discouring with a 2 week old kite.

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 03, 2002 7:28 pm

Kites are still too expensive to buy one every two weeks. We need a kite with very good performance and also durability.

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 03, 2002 10:54 pm

is this due to crashing on land alot or crashing on water or not crashing at all

a couple guys including myself have them here since they came to the us and I havn't seen any durability issues. I crash em in the water somtimes hard but never crash them on land!

-Peter

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 04, 2002 10:20 am

Have a Takoon Skoop 14.3 for 3 months now. Used it in about 50 sessions. Several times dropped (also on land). Seems to be really good quality. Not much reinforced but overall best wing on the market. Flown an X2 12m2 yesterday. The Takoon wins it big time :smile:, although the X2 might have slightly more lift.

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 04, 2002 4:03 pm

I have been hammering takoons for months now with no durability problems at all other than one strut bladder repair. Very heavy usage in very overpowered conditions at 90 kilos on wakes boosting 40ft and slamming into waves etc.

Awesome kites with epic hangtime and wind range. Premium in gusty or variable winds as they don't notice.

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 04, 2002 4:03 pm

for cheap new complete takoon skoops email: surfkitesuk@yahoo.com. 8.5 £640, 10.5 £730.

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 04, 2002 6:25 pm

get a life surfkitesuk. rip off merchant

Return to “Kitesurfing”