'09 13 Waroo

135 Wainman Blunt
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hi from Montreal

Postby WRX_KITE » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:07 pm

Whats up everyone?

I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself since I am new to Kiteforum and will be asking lots of questions in the near future :)

My name is Marshall and I am from just outside Montreal.
I have been meaning to get into kiting for a while now, finally last winter I tried it on the frozen river with my snowboard. I got the hang of it pretty quickly I'd say but only got out the one day.

I have been out in the water a few times this summer and have pretty good control of the kite. My buddy is an IKO certified instructor and he showed me the basics, kite flying, body dragging, self rescue, self launch etc. I haven't been able to get out in much wind yet but the other day with my 13M waroo in probably 5-7 knots I could water start but had a hard time staying up needless to say...

I work for a major airline and get good deals on tickets so I am hoping to do some traveling to good kite spots.

Anyways I am looking for a good beginner board so if you see anything for sale or have any suggestions please let me know. I weigh around 187lbs or 87kgs.

Thanks,
Marshall

kiteriding
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Hi from Montreal

Postby kiteriding » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:08 am

Hi Marshall, welcome on board :-) KiteSurfing is like a Drug, so watchout .

I am also from Montreal .

For your Board question , Try to test board before buy .

Dont go with old and long board , stay between 135-145cm . What you can due buy a Light wind board , like a TwinTip 135*45.7 , this will be good for all around board for the first year and after that you will keep this one for light wind day . We have a lot of them here.
After that you can buy a 135*40 Board.

For use deal , you can check this Ads Web site:
http://www.kitedeal.com
is FREE to surf and FREE to put Ads .

Have fun , but be Safe :-) keep our Local spot open , ask at the local what is the best spot to ride before go on the water. .

Wave :-)

windybrit
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 69
Local Beach: AAO
Favorite Beaches: Isle de la Madelaine, Isle Lameque........ anywhere I can get water time
Style: awkward
Gear: Slingsht UFO 5 & 8 m
Airush Ultra 12
Cabrinha Moto 7 & 9 , Best TS 6m
OR Jester, Dwarfcraft w Fusion 950 Foil

Re: Hi from Montreal

Postby windybrit » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:42 am

Hi Marshall

Good advice on board size from Mr Waves previous post.........
For the locations of locals spots and all the various etiquette's to be followed I'd suggest you check out http://www.akrm.ca/

BTW I'm 178 lbs and have a waroo 13m too, I'd suggest you don't get too worried about trying to ride in 5-7 knots, I don't bother till we have at least 10....... this weekend is looking bleak ;(

Richard

Return to “Kitesurfing”