here you can exchange your experience and datas about your home build boards
- Rare Poster
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:11 am
- Kiting since: 1
- Local Beach: dont kiteboard yet
- Favorite Beaches: look at above
- Style: read that^
- Gear: looking at liquid force
- Brand Affiliation: liquid force and best kiteboarding
How do u build a kiteboard from scratch??? i wud like to build one cuz it seams cheaper that way and how would you get an iron on photo without melting or damaging the fiberglass???
- Frequent Poster
- Posts: 454
- Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:43 pm
- Kiting since: 2006
- Local Beach: Grado Pineta (IT), Fossalon (IT)
- Style: Freeride, strapless hooked-in
- Gear: FS S3 19m2 DLX, S3 CE 12m2 DLX & S4 8m2 DLX
Homemade Surf & Snow Boards
- Location: Iv.G.-Slovenia
Welcome to the kiteboard building forum! You've come to the right place.
's another one. Enjoy the reading.
- Medium Poster
- Posts: 145
- Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:47 pm
- Kiting since: 2008
- Local Beach: TO
- Brand Affiliation: None
ummm, I don't think you can use iron-on graphics. Print the graphics on rice paper or another thin paper. Add it to the board by soaking the sheet in clear epoxy.
- Rare Poster
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:50 am
- Kiting since: 2005
- Local Beach: Charleston area (Folly beach, IOP, Sullivan's Island, Bull Island, Caper's Island)
- Gear: 2010 Nomad 9m, Switchblade 10m, 140 custom w/ Ronix kai
- Brand Affiliation: Oli Nah
I have shaped kiteboards for a company for 5 years now. We usually will use PBT for the graphic deck as you can order it with a custom graphic. They look excellent and are very sturdy and scratch proof.
Return to “Board Builders”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest