Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kite Beach, Sanur , Bali, Indonesia
Canggu, Bali, Indonesia
Lakey Peak, Sumbawa, Indonesia
Favorite Beaches: Too many....
Style: Waves shredder
Gear: Ozone, Airush, F-One, Peter Lynn - Kites
Airush, Underground, Surf X-treme custom - boards
Brand Affiliation: Peter Lynn, Ozone, Airush, Underground, F-One, Surf X-treme custom
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby kitesurfbali » Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:45 pm

I really like my Cabrinha Powerlock.
I think is easy to use and very safe.
Bye Jankie
:jump:

which is the best bar-safety-system?

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 18, 2003 1:10 pm

I loved the powerlock too until the depower rope broke after just two weeks in Hatteras. Its a great system but the rope isn't even spectra, just rubber coated corded rope--WEAK. Now after research I hear they are breaking on everybody. Luckily I hadn't gotten around to moving the leash to a center line or I would have been phucked to say the least. A great system as long as you have a replacement rope and loop down your wetsuit or tied off your harness. IF AND WHEN they bite the bullet and cut back on their profit margin a bit and supply it with a STRONG depower line they will have a great product but for now I'm only recommending them to people I don't care for. I emailed Cabrinha but so far I've heard nothing.

Webwart
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Powerlock issues!

Postby Webwart » Sat Apr 19, 2003 9:21 pm

On my powerlock the lead through unwantedly rotates on the bar because the little pin inside the lead-through broke apart. Once it starts rotating its very painful to use the 'lock' or to move the bar up and down.
This little pin was part of the lead-through and it plugs into the Bar (visible only after unclamp the lead-through from the bar).

Cabrinha has sent me a replacement free of charge but I assume I'll have this problem again (a metal pin would be mor durable).

Anyway, the chicken already looks weak, it will be the next thing falling apart.

I didn't like the Adjuster either (too short, tends to automatically 'power on').

As long as nothing was broken I liked the bar (first week) :-?

hossa
Webwart

wolfje
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby wolfje » Mon Apr 21, 2003 8:56 am

I think the kiteproshopbar is the safest one at the moment,more info on http://www.kiteproshopbar , a double safety and a self retangling leash after rotations

Return to “Kitesurfing”