Favorite Beaches: cape verde
Gear: ozone
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

F-One Trax or F-One Tx kiteboards 2009/2010

Postby bobthebuilder » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:47 pm

Hi,

I had the chance to look at the F-One trax and footpads (the most comfotable ever) but never got the trax on the water.
Now I would like to buy but dont have a chance to demo. Anyone tried either of these boards, the Trax or TX? Im usually in wave conditions and am 5ft 9ins and 14st.. any help would really be appreciated! I want something to do a few jumps on waves and cruise/surf the wave...(not looking for a directional)

Cheers
Bob

theseas
Rare Poster

Re: F-One Trax or F-One Tx kiteboards 2009/2010

Postby theseas » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:57 pm

bobthebuilder wrote:Hi,

I had the chance to look at the F-One trax and footpads (the most comfotable ever) but never got the trax on the water.
Now I would like to buy but dont have a chance to demo. Anyone tried either of these boards, the Trax or TX? Im usually in wave conditions and am 5ft 9ins and 14st.. any help would really be appreciated! I want something to do a few jumps on waves and cruise/surf the wave...(not looking for a directional)

Cheers
Bob
I dont know about Trax because i never tried it. All i can say is that i tried TX 2009 in 25-28 knots in waves and choppy water and the same day i bought it.
it has a lot of flex which helps a lot on jibes. landings are very smooth when you perform a hard trick. Some people that are using very skatey boards might find it that it has a lot of grip but for me...it is just right because am not fun of skating a lot on water. i love this board and it sounds good for what you want. i would say it is a board that does a bit of everything.
Of course i am still wondering how Trax performs :-)

DimitriMen
Rare Poster

Postby DimitriMen » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:19 pm

Hi There,

I just got a Trax 5 134x40. I previously rode an ABoards X-Series 134x41. I'm 1.78m and weigh 76kg.

I have to say I love the Trax. Its super smooth and handles the chop very well. The board has loads of pop for freestyle but is very comfortable for freeride as well. I loved my X-Series but got a lot of spray off the board in choppy conditions, the Trax has none. Because of the inverted rails it doesn't feel as locked in is the X did with its sharp thin rail but having said that it never slips out or loses an edge. I'm very happy with this board and I've tried quite a few in trying to replace my X.

The only criticism I have is that its going to be impossible to keep the board looking as good over time. Piano black is not a good finish for a kiteboard and every little scratch is going to show up immediately. Having said that, the board is tough and you won't break it. It just wont look that good.

Hope this helps.

DimitriMen
Rare Poster

Postby DimitriMen » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:19 pm

Hi There,

I just got a Trax 5 134x40. I previously rode an ABoards X-Series 134x41. I'm 1.78m and weigh 76kg.

I have to say I love the Trax. Its super smooth and handles the chop very well. The board has loads of pop for freestyle but is very comfortable for freeride as well. I loved my X-Series but got a lot of spray off the board in choppy conditions, the Trax has none. Because of the inverted rails it doesn't feel as locked in is the X did with its sharp thin rail but having said that it never slips out or loses an edge. I'm very happy with this board and I've tried quite a few in trying to replace my X.

The only criticism I have is that its going to be impossible to keep the board looking as good over time. Piano black is not a good finish for a kiteboard and every little scratch is going to show up immediately. Having said that, the board is tough and you won't break it. It just wont look that good.

Hope this helps.

cloudsfan
Rare Poster

Postby cloudsfan » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:09 pm

I ride a Trax 4 136*40 that proved to be a very good all-rounder. My only gripe with it actually was with the platinium pads : there is only very little (2 to 3mm) adjustment of the angle at which your feet can point, and also of the relative distance of heels / toes to each rail.
So I fitted the board with the 2010 LF lux set and now not only is my stance perfect but I also gained substantial confort, which came as the icing on the cake.
Actually this board now has replaced two for me : a RRD Poison 132*41 (that I loved but not in chop in the long run) and also a F-one Sk8 in 38 width (the Trax is almost as comfy, much better upwind or for maneuvers, just a little behind in waves).

Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Jbrook » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:09 am

I have the 2010 Trax 134x39 simply best board I have ever ridden. I also had a chance to ride the 2010 tx forget the length was 40 cm wide. It rode great too. Maybe the TX is better for waves or at least in my opinion. Pads and straps are simply bliss. I have no affiliation.

Return to “Reviews”