Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Ozone: Devlopment News

Postby Toby » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:32 am

Ozone News:

Devlopment News

As I am sure you are all aware research and development never stops and for 2010 we have some very exciting new kites coming your way.

First off we have just finished the Zephyr, a light wind specific kite. The idea was to try to make a big kite that is fun to ride with handling that is akin to a 13m!!! It is already dominating Course Races all over the globe when the wind is light and our team riders report the ability to jump in under 10 knots. It took a year to develop and quite a few protos for us to find the ideal combination of power and maneuverability but in the end we got it just about perfect. The best part is that you really can ride in winds below 12knots even on a regular size board. If you take a big board then you are riding in sub 10 knots….. no shit!

The next but the most exciting for me is the C4. This our new C style kite with easy re launch, fast handling and pop. The C4 is replacing the Sport for 2010 and so far the feedback is AWESOME from our team riders that have been putting it though the ringer. The fact that the re launch is so good and easy means that you can blow trick after trick and not worry about the kite hitting the water. It is a very easy kite to fly, it has all the attributes of a C kite but without the hassle. I know you are thinking that this already too good but that is not the end of it because the C4 also has loads of de power as well. This makes it the best choice for a progressive rider that wants a freestyle weapon and a wave kite all in one…….

The Edge has been a proven winner this year with all the racers. We are working on improving all aspects of the kite to keep it leading the pack in 2010. We are working closely with our race team to make sure that no stone is left unturned.

Last but not least is PROJECT X. Project X is a kite that replaces the lightXC but so far we have not fixed the name! The lightXC was a great kite but great things can be made better and that is what we are in the process of doing. So far the progress is amazing and we have protos that are very close to the finish item. All we got to do now is stop arguing about the name…… I would like to call it “supercalifraglisticexpialidoucious” but the rest of the guys think that it’s a bit of a mouthful!

From your feedback we are also introducing 50cm bars for all models in 2010, the only exception being the Zephyr that remains on a 54cm bar.

Ok folks that is as much as we are giving away at the moment but keep watching this space….

Enjoy.

Rob
Attachments
Bild 1.png
Bild 1.png (288.54 KiB) Viewed 3852 times
Bild 2.png
Bild 2.png (147.34 KiB) Viewed 3852 times
Bild 3.png
Bild 3.png (258.15 KiB) Viewed 3852 times
Bild 4.png
Bild 4.png (198.47 KiB) Viewed 3852 times

naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Holland
Spain
Danemark
France
Favorite Beaches: everywhere at the seaside, where it is allowed to kite
Style: cruising& wave
Gear: Airush Sector 54 V5, Cypher5'8 active, compact 5'6, Compact5'5 active, Limit Waves custom 5'6
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5
Brand Affiliation: none

Re: Ozone: Devlopment News

Postby naishdude » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:12 am

Toby wrote:Ozone News:

Devlopment News

As I am sure you are all aware research and development never stops and for 2010 we have some very exciting new kites coming your way.

First off we have just finished the Zephyr, a light wind specific kite. The idea was to try to make a big kite that is fun to ride with handling that is akin to a 13m!!! It is already dominating Course Races all over the globe when the wind is light and our team riders report the ability to jump in under 10 knots. It took a year to develop and quite a few protos for us to find the ideal combination of power and maneuverability but in the end we got it just about perfect. The best part is that you really can ride in winds below 12knots even on a regular size board. If you take a big board then you are riding in sub 10 knots….. no shit!

The next but the most exciting for me is the C4. This our new C style kite with easy re launch, fast handling and pop. The C4 is replacing the Sport for 2010 and so far the feedback is AWESOME from our team riders that have been putting it though the ringer. The fact that the re launch is so good and easy means that you can blow trick after trick and not worry about the kite hitting the water. It is a very easy kite to fly, it has all the attributes of a C kite but without the hassle. I know you are thinking that this already too good but that is not the end of it because the C4 also has loads of de power as well. This makes it the best choice for a progressive rider that wants a freestyle weapon and a wave kite all in one…….

The Edge has been a proven winner this year with all the racers. We are working on improving all aspects of the kite to keep it leading the pack in 2010. We are working closely with our race team to make sure that no stone is left unturned.

Last but not least is PROJECT X. Project X is a kite that replaces the lightXC but so far we have not fixed the name! The lightXC was a great kite but great things can be made better and that is what we are in the process of doing. So far the progress is amazing and we have protos that are very close to the finish item. All we got to do now is stop arguing about the name…… I would like to call it “supercalifraglisticexpialidoucious” but the rest of the guys think that it’s a bit of a mouthful!

From your feedback we are also introducing 50cm bars for all models in 2010, the only exception being the Zephyr that remains on a 54cm bar.

Ok folks that is as much as we are giving away at the moment but keep watching this space….

Enjoy.

Rob
Rob,
thx for the info, I am happy I got rid of my Flysurfer speed and will be having my Zephyr shortly, only problem there is no way to test it before, ( Holland/Belgium) , at least not that I know off.

I was wondering I have 80- 83kg, and have a Directional 6"1( strapped surf) and a Mako 140x40.

I have now a Sport+ 11m and 9m 2009, I was thinking of changing my gear with 2010 material, I was very happy with the sport+ altough for waving a bit too slow not as snappy as the 2008 sport, I had before.
I was thinking about moving over to the Lights as they were more wavy /faster.

Now I find myself in a doubt, I read you put the C4 as a freestyle / Wave kite, so this means the light is not going to be the wave kite anymore? I have no experience with C kites and that frightens me a bit.

Also if I get my Zephyr, I want to use it for lightwind cruising with my directional 6'1, now I wonder which sizes should be my next ones, in the Sport+ range it was 11m 9m 7m. in combination with the Flysurfer speed² 15m....
Would it be possible to go from the Zephyr17m onto the 11m c4 or Light? or is the step from the 17m too wide to go from 17m to 11m?

Hope you have some answers to my questions ....waiting to get my zephyr so finally I only have Ozones from lightwind to....
Thx
Frank

PBKiteboarding
Very Frequent Poster
Style: New School
Gear: Fone
Nobile
Ozone Water & Snow
Flysurfer
Flyboards
Ocean Rodeo
Seaspecs
Location: PBKiteboarding.com Sales-Repair-Lessons Ozone, Aboards, Flysurfer, OR, Canada USA Worlwide
Has thanked: 0

Postby PBKiteboarding » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:31 pm

Looks Good... I think that will help especially the heavier guys in many areas and give them the chance to go for a 2 kite quiver 11m and 17m combo to hit that lower end... Also to bump up the 13m Sport to 17m Combo... sweet.

Would be great to see some video of it as well...
Been having fun on the 7m 9m 13m Sport... When the wind was up...

Getting lots of interest and happy to help.... Ozone is High end Quality for sure...
Last edited by PBKiteboarding on Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gigi;)
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Gigi;) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:25 pm

I'd sure like to test this one... to see if it actually get close to my old 16m LW kite...
Still haven't found better LW kite.

Seriously, I've seen everything from the code below on many 2009 and even 2008 kites. I'm riding my 2009 WW Batwing 15.5m under 10kts on Nobile skim and 132x40cm TT in 12kts easily (check vid)... I'm 80kg...

I wonder how will this kite do deep water relaunch in sub 10kts... since that's major problem having fun in LW for me...

:bye:

Code: Select all

Return to “Kitesurfing”