fatsandUK
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Can Anyone Help with Translation?

Postby fatsandUK » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:38 am

Hi guys

I'm writing from Fat Sand ltd. You may know that we produce the 'Progression' instructional DVD series.

We have just released the brand new and completely up to date 'Progression Kiteboarding Beginner (2nd Edition)" and are looking to get the script translated for the overseas edition.

The languages we need are French, Japanese, German, Russian, Spanish and Italian. If you feel you can translate a 21,000 word script well and want to earn some extra cash please drop me a line.

We are looking for a release date of early November for the edition so you would need to be able to complete it in around 3-4 weeks..

Thanks a million!

Chris Kyle
Fat Sand Productions
info@fatsand.com
Tel: +44 (0)1273 808308

http://www.progression.me/
http://uk.youtube.com/learnwithprogression
http://twitter.com/PROGRESSIONTV

Fat Sand Ltd, 11 Jew Street, Brighton, BN1 1UT
Last edited by fatsandUK on Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

ultrahits
Rare Poster

Re: Can Anyone Help with Translation?

Postby ultrahits » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:19 pm

Chris,

I can translate it into Spanish. My e-mail is: ultrahits@yahoo.com

Regards

Ricardo

hajvar
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Long Beach, NY
Gilgo Beach
Robert Moses
Democrat Point
Tobay
Gear: 2016 Naish Park HD 7m-9m-12m
Switchkites Legacy 2 12m
Tona Flow 140 x 43.3
Ronix Park Boots

Postby hajvar » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:38 pm

Hi,
I can help with French. I am fluent in both french and English.
Send me an e-mail to peter.videv@gmail.com
All the best,

Peter

detourpr
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: San Juan
Favorite Beaches: Parguera (PR), St. Marteen, Aruba, Cabarete
Style: Freestyle, Freeride
Gear: SS RPM, North Fuse, Skywalker, LF

Postby detourpr » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:33 pm

tungsten222

Postby tungsten222 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:49 pm

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Sed in urna et enim porttitor ullamcorper ac non ipsum. Proin eleifend orci quis ligula convallis et viverra metus porta. Fusce commodo eros ut sapien euismod venenatis. Proin suscipit auctor laoreet. Phasellus scelerisque viverra nisi eu malesuada. Etiam malesuada tellus non neque fermentum at molestie mi condimentum. Vestibulum gravida enim sit amet nisi mattis pulvinar. Suspendisse hendrerit ipsum id neque sodales ut tincidunt felis dignissim. Suspendisse potenti. Phasellus venenatis pharetra consectetur. Curabitur tempus lacinia dui. Nunc semper arcu id leo lacinia porta. Proin commodo adipiscing egestas. Suspendisse adipiscing enim turpis, sed.
Last edited by tungsten222 on Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nomorebikinis
Frequent Poster

Postby nomorebikinis » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:48 am

I would recommend a better picture of my gender. The PREVIOUS or present cd shows a girl in a board short. Please note that you re dealing with beginners. Safety is all important. When I started kiting I was so stupid to wear a bikini. I had to pay for it because when I crashed I had to pick so many tiny peaces of shelf out of my tightbone with a tweezer, you can not imagine how much that hurt. When I woke up the next day my blanket was covered all over with blood apparently because I could not get all the pieces out. Stupid me. Again, you re dealing with beginners. No man, no instructor will tell a girl that she shouldn t wear a bikini, they got other things on their mind. Just my 2 cnts :baby:

robclaisse
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Currently living in Blouberg, Cape Town, ZA
Favorite Beaches: Shoreham-by-sea, UK
Waddell Creek - Santa Cruz, USA
Tableview, Cape Town, SA
Style: Waves / Foiling
Gear: F-one Breeze 15m, Bandits 11,8,6
Pocket 13cm with a Mirage 800, 85cm mast
Mitu 5'8"
Trax Carbon 137
Brand Affiliation: Progression Sports (Formally Fat Sand)

Postby robclaisse » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:09 pm

@nomorebikinis - We take safety very seriously in our Progression DVDs, especially with regards to beginners. In the actual DVD, Karine does wear shorts for the vast majority of the chapters, the front cover is another matter. When choosing the shot we knew 3 things for sure - 1) We wanted a women to show that kitesurfing is not just for the boys 2) She must be wearing a helmet to re-inforce the most visually obvious safety element 3) She must be doing something achievable by beginners - cruising along is most beginners initial goal. Unfortunately the filming trip was plagued with terrible wind conditions which left us with just an hour to get all our photos done. This meant we had a lot of different setups to shot with very little time and obviously the shorts were over looked. Hopefully anyone who actually watches the full DVD will come away with impression that wearing just a bikini is not appropriate for beginners. And we agree that no instructor would ever advise a beginner to only wear a bikini!

As an aside, whilst we were filming the DVD, two guys (wearing shorts & not beginners) crashed and inadvertently sat on sea urchins!!! No shorts or even a full wetsuit could protect you for 20 black spikes in your cheeks ;-)

Laters

Rob
Fat Sand Productions
www.progression.me

Clarencephil
Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride

Postby Clarencephil » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:50 pm

fatsandUK wrote:Hi guys

I'm writing from Fat Sand ltd. You may know that we produce the 'Progression' instructional DVD series.

We have just released the brand new and completely up to date 'Progression Kiteboarding Beginner (2nd Edition)" and are looking to get the script translated for the overseas edition.

The languages we need are French, Japanese, German, Russian, Spanish and Italian. If you feel you can translate a 21,000 word script well and want to earn some extra cash please drop me a line.

As a former translator, I'd just like to add my 2 cents: It's one thing to be fluent in a language, and it's quite another one to translate in a correct and elegant fashion, avoiding all the errors, pitfalls and mistakes.
So be careful of savings, which might turn out to not really be savings in the long run

Return to “Kitesurfing”