Forum to sell, buy or trade used kite gear. It is also suggested to use the "Second Hand" tool linked in the navigation on top.
- Rare Poster
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:26 pm
Hi, I am interested in Wainman Boards and Kites as I read a lot of good things about them, and they seem to be my style of riding.
I was just wondering as they are quite new on the market (as far as I know...) if it was the 2009 or 2010 collection.
If 2009, any ideas when the 2010 will be available, as many brands already are on the market with the 2010 gears?
Any review between, the Rabbit series and 2010 RRD Obssesion, or Naish Torch?
- Medium Poster
- Posts: 144
- Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:03 pm
- Kiting since: 2007
- Local Beach: Laguna Madre, J.P. Luby
- Favorite Beaches: Cape Charles, VA. Kite Beach, Cabarete. Sullivans Island, SC. The Slick, Kitty Hawk, NC. Anse de Sables, Saint Lucia. Laguna Madre, TX.
- Style: freeride/wave
- Gear: 9m and 12m Lou Wainman Rabbits. 137x41 Brokite Freestyle.
- Brand Affiliation: Kite Naked, BroKite
- Location: Corpus Christi, Texas
I've got a Smoke and a 135 Blunt. I can't speak for either of the other two kites but I particularly like the board and the kite. The Smoke took some getting used to, if you don't keep it a bit sheeted in toward the lower end of its range, it'll hindenberg on you. But once I figured that out, it didn't take much to get used to it. The kite's a tank, when they say bombproof: they mean it. And IMHO, the Rabbit Gang are the best looking kites out there. I plan on getting the twelve meter as soon as I can come up with the cash.
Old Man Of The Sea
- Rare Poster
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:58 pm
- Kiting since: 2003
- Local Beach: .
- Favorite Beaches: .
- Style: .
- Gear: .
- Brand Affiliation: None
I've been flying my Smoke now for the best part of 3 months; conditions varying from light to mental - never have I had it Hindenburg...!
I fly the 2010 version so not sure if there was an issue with the older model but it shouldn't be doing that...?
Return to “Second Hand”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests