Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Attempt at the Longest English Channel Kite Surf Crossing!

Forum for kitesurfers
andylovesthewake
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Poole Harbour
Favorite Beaches: Coche
Perranporth
Style: free style
Gear: Flexi-Foil, Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Attempt at the Longest English Channel Kite Surf Crossing!

Postby andylovesthewake » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:59 pm

Kite Surfing Record Attempt!!!! :o

As we know a few kite surfers have successfully crossed the English Channel in the past nearer towards Dover and Calais and have done a magnificant job raising money for good charities in the process.

For the last 10 months I have been busy planning the longest English Channel Kite Surf Crossing for Charity. :thumb:

Subject to a good wind forecast on Tuesday September 22nd 2009 I will be attempting to Kite Surf from Alderney which is the most northern Channel island 70 nautical miles across the English Channel navigating through one of the worlds most bussiest shipping lanes and hoping to land at Sandbanks by Poole Harbour. I am doing this to raise money for the Special Boat Service Association which is a charity like Help 4 Heroes. If you wish to keep an eye on my progress and see how I got on please visit my website (also you can donate on this site if you like)

www.kitethechannel.co.uk

We also aim to make a small documentary about the crossing and will let you all know if and when that gets aired. :o

Will keep you posted !

:argue: Andy Ward & the Team @ kitethechannel.co.uk

:bye:
Attachments
Kite Surfing logo 1 small.jpg
Kite Surfing logo 1 small.jpg (16.27 KiB) Viewed 987 times

Return to “Kitesurfing”