Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Wipika Throttle bar?

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 04, 2002 2:37 am

Hi out there.

Anybody using the new Wipika Throttle bar?

I'm just starting out with 4-liners and want a safe bar, it looks like the Throttle has some sort of quick release on the chicken loop, that's what's interesting me.

Any feedback, comments, etc? Or other available quick release chicken loops that are reliable.

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 04, 2002 3:55 pm

I have the medium Throttle and it feels great. I really like the QR chicken loop but it makes it hard to use a fixed loop at the same time. The depower system is easy for fine and big adjustments.

Just make sure that the hole for the chicken loop rope is set free flowing. Mine came with it set for locked riding but in the wrong direction and it chewed up the line cover.

Trikke
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Andora, Albenga, Tarifa
Favorite Beaches: Los lances, tarifa
Style: Waves to wakestyle, to g' old big airs!
Gear: '14 RRD 9m + 13,5m Obsession
RRD Poison 134x43, RRD AssoPigliatutto Pro, RRD Waveoff 5'6", RRD Domingo 5'8"x21"
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Trikke » Thu Jul 04, 2002 7:16 pm

I use the medium bar and untill now it's the most simple and safest system I've seen.

Sake
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Sake » Fri Jul 05, 2002 9:16 pm

I got 2 Wipika (throttle) C-bars(="longhorn" carbon bar)
Nice piece of engineering. IMO best bar at the moment. Love every detail and safety.
Only made it free flowing.

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 06, 2002 3:46 am

OK, so I went and bought a Wipi Throttle bar, and overall it looked great. I was psyched, the safety release looked great, the bar itself felt comfy, the winders were nice aluminum.
The problem is that as I looked closer, I saw that the plastic mounting clamp for the chickenloop feedthrough was cracked where it bolted together!
After all the engineering that went into putting together a nice bar, I feel that Wipika fell flat by specing a brittle plastic for this one item. I returned the bar, and am now looking for alternatives. Like i said, it's a great bar, but damn, can't they have used a beefier plastic resin for that part, or maybe even made that aluminum as well?

Trikke
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Andora, Albenga, Tarifa
Favorite Beaches: Los lances, tarifa
Style: Waves to wakestyle, to g' old big airs!
Gear: '14 RRD 9m + 13,5m Obsession
RRD Poison 134x43, RRD AssoPigliatutto Pro, RRD Waveoff 5'6", RRD Domingo 5'8"x21"

Postby Trikke » Sat Jul 06, 2002 10:16 am

I think that kite stuff is usually strong but not unbreakable;what happened to you is an assembly error that occurs one time in a million,so I'd suggest to replace your wipika bar with a new wipika one.It is still the best,even because all other kite brands use the same materials for their clamps (i.e.holt by cabrina)

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby murdoc » Sat Jul 06, 2002 6:11 pm

yeh ...
i've tried the bar with really rough conditions. can report that it worked fine.

the depower's too big IMO - for use with a waist harness. i couldn't ride on the 'stopping-knot' cause it was too far away to feel comfortable.

the QR is good, overall quality fine.
one of the few bars where my hands didn't delaminate after several hours of use.
i think it may result from the nice grip and the slightly elliptic shape.

a well produced piece of candy :wink:

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 06, 2002 11:32 pm

hi all,

at the new one the depower-line goes through the bar. is it stii possible to fix the depower.
with the old bar you can turn the loop and when you let the hands of, the bar stays in that position and mustn´t hold the force with your arms all the time.

hope you can understand what i mean!

or are there other bars wich can fix the the depower, exept for the flysurfer bar?

thx andre

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby murdoc » Mon Jul 08, 2002 12:13 am

the NSI longhorn bar has an opinion to fix the depower.

i prefer a short range of depower with a big adjuster so i can ride on the stopping knot most of the time, pulling the bar for more airtime and in gusty conditions.

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby murdoc » Mon Jul 08, 2002 12:13 am

the NSI longhorn bar has an option to fix the depower.

i prefer a short range of depower with a big adjuster so i can ride on the stopping knot most of the time, pulling the bar for more airtime and in gusty conditions.

Return to “Kitesurfing”