Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Aruba in October?

Forum for travel reports and travel questions
buellie21
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Florida's East Coast- Sebastian Inlet, Vero South Beach, North Side of Ft. Pierce Inlet.

Cape Cod- W Dennis, Stage Harbor
Favorite Beaches: Sebastian Inlet FL, Ft. Pierce FL, Colona Watersports Beach in Sharm El Sheikh Egypt
Style: Freeride currently
Gear: Nobile T5 137x41, SB3 12m & SB3 8m
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Aruba in October?

Postby buellie21 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:44 am

Anyone been to Aruba in October that can tell me what I can expect and what size kites to bring? I planned a trip there with my wife and then looked at the weather to find that October is one of the less windy months. I hope it's still rideable and maybe just not nuking. Thanks! DB

baller
Frequent Poster

Re: Aruba in October?

Postby baller » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:45 pm

Bring your biggest kites and cross your fingers. Oct sux

gazman21
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Dollymount
Favorite Beaches: Boracay, tarifa
Gear: Cabrinha

Postby gazman21 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:48 pm

how was aruba in october then????
Im looking at going in september,will there be wind!!???

josesr
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sint joris bay
Favorite Beaches: Le Galion, Sint Maarten
Boca Grandi, Aruba

Postby josesr » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:33 pm

Hey,

Just check the weather forecast a few days before you go. I've been there a few times in September and October and had good and bad days.
It really depends if there are Hurricanes or Tropical Storms in the area, which will suck the wind out form Aruba.

So bring two kites: a big one and a "normal" one, which can be a 10m for Aruba terms.

Good luck.

Jose

xtremewinds
Medium Poster

Postby xtremewinds » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:22 am

Hello guys

We live in Aruba and don't recommend to come here in September and October to kite, when you check the wind archives or wind forecast you need to take 3 or 4 knots of what they say, more when the wind is light. In September and October sometimes we don't have wind for weeks, All the other months are good.
www.xtremewinds.com

regards.

adamj2281
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Charleston, SC - Folly Beach
Favorite Beaches: Folly Beach, Wrightsville Beach, Playa Avellanas, Barker's, GC, East End, St. Croix,VI
Style: Surf mostly, some freeride
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Roam 7,12
Ocean Rodeo Crave 9
5'2" North Whip CSC
5'4" Tomo Hydroshort
Nobile 2HD
Slingshot H4 Batwing foil
Brand Affiliation: Ocean Rodeo

Postby adamj2281 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:42 am

How's Thanksgiving? Also, I'm an intermediate rider, and I'm looking for somewhere to go with the wife and another couple where they can do whatever and I can kite near the hotel. If I don't need lessons, how much is rescue service and how does it work if I kite near the hotels and need a rescue with the offshore winds.

xtremewinds
Medium Poster

Postby xtremewinds » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:12 am

adamj2281 wrote:How's Thanksgiving? Also, I'm an intermediate rider, and I'm looking for somewhere to go with the wife and another couple where they can do whatever and I can kite near the hotel. If I don't need lessons, how much is rescue service and how does it work if I kite near the hotels and need a rescue with the offshore winds.

Thanksgiving is better, for that you can go to the Marriot, beside Fisherman huts, if they want to laid back in the hotel and you kite near them. A rescue service is U$S 20, do you kite perfectly upwind?
Other accomodation options you can find in http://www.xtremewinds.com/#/alojamiento

buellie21
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Florida's East Coast- Sebastian Inlet, Vero South Beach, North Side of Ft. Pierce Inlet.

Cape Cod- W Dennis, Stage Harbor
Favorite Beaches: Sebastian Inlet FL, Ft. Pierce FL, Colona Watersports Beach in Sharm El Sheikh Egypt
Style: Freeride currently
Gear: Nobile T5 137x41, SB3 12m & SB3 8m

Postby buellie21 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:01 pm

Sorry everyone! I haven't been on this site in awhile. Maybe i got lucky but my trip to Aruba in October last year was great. I was able to kite every day on my SB 12m at fishermans' hut and should have brought my 8m for one of the days. We stayed at the Marriott and I was able to walk down to fishermans hut daily and kite while my wife chilled on the beach. It was perfect. I used Armando's kite shack as my home base and took an advanced lesson from Armando which was definitely worth it! He helped me fix a few things. We are headed back this year in November and staying at the Marriott again. This year I will rent a car so I can kite Boca Grande as well. Book it!!!

adamj2281
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Charleston, SC - Folly Beach
Favorite Beaches: Folly Beach, Wrightsville Beach, Playa Avellanas, Barker's, GC, East End, St. Croix,VI
Style: Surf mostly, some freeride
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Roam 7,12
Ocean Rodeo Crave 9
5'2" North Whip CSC
5'4" Tomo Hydroshort
Nobile 2HD
Slingshot H4 Batwing foil
Brand Affiliation: Ocean Rodeo

Postby adamj2281 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:09 pm

So how is the kiting right around the hotels? I'm guessing it's crazy gusty, but is it so bad your kite is falling out of the sky and then powering up, or is it just a little punchy on jumps? Any small ramps to launch off of?

I'm really thinking about going just because I can kite near the hotel and have a good chance at guaranteed wind in Nov./Dec.

legrill83
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sandy Hook
Favorite Beaches: Delray, Whale harbor, LBI, Boca Grande, Hatteras
Gear: Wainman/Mystic/RRD

Postby legrill83 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:51 pm

Huts is the worst place I've ever ridden. Stupid gusty. Don't know why people ride there but it's worth trying to see how bad it really is. Only good spot is boca grande.

Return to “Travel”