Gear: Board: north, paris 129
Kites: LF envy 6 & 8, havoc 12,
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

female, danish, newbie :)

Postby katrine1000 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:49 pm

hello boys and girls,

i am katrine from denmark, i am 20 years old and i have been kiting for about a year now.
I like networking with other female kiters to listen to their stories and experiences, plus i feel that kitesurfing is still such a male-dominated sport, its great to meet some girl kiters :wink:
especially i would like to hear girls opinions about gear, i am currently still fighiting with my beginner board, which, in the beginning, was a nice thing to have (its 140cm) but now im in the market for something smaller and lighter as i have started doing jumps and such :thumb:

i hope to meet a couple of chicks and exchange experiences with gears or the tough everyday that is proving your worth on the water to the boys and of course to receive cool tips and tricks and learn lots from experienced riders. :argue:

boys, if you guys have girlfriends kiting i am of course also interested to hear what gear they are using for the most.

cheerio and hello from cold denmark!

katrine

frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: -Bayshore, at the end sea st. on saint John's west side, bay of fundy.
-Saints rest beach, at the end of sandy point road, irving nature park, saint john, west side.
Gear: Kites: 12m LF Mig, 9m LF Mig, 5m SS Fuel
Boards: LF proof 151cm, Real Wind 144cm, home made light wind board 160 x 50

Re: female, danish, newbie :)

Postby frankm1960 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:23 am

hello from COLD Canada :hi:

demark's got some great spots and with that prevailing W wind you must be getting out everyday :)

katrine1000
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Kegnæs
Style: cruisin'

Postby katrine1000 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:17 pm

yeah west winds are great, especially in the fall and spring, and i do try to get out at LEAST twice a week in the season (fall). but east winds are good too ;)

its hard when you dont have a car yourself, lots of free time from uni and have to rely on your kitebuddies which all have jobs they cant just leave to come pick me up , drive me to the spot and launch my kite 8)

cheers!

flyingweasel
Very Frequent Poster

Postby flyingweasel » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:03 am

Last edited by flyingweasel on Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

AndrewJMcGee
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Napeuage, Shinnecock
Favorite Beaches: Hatteras Island, Montauk NY
Style: Twin tips, Naish Mutant
Gear: Ozone, Liquid force, Nobile, Naish

Postby AndrewJMcGee » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:28 pm

Hello Katrine,
Are you looking for a kite size to get? If you are....... I would think an 8,9,or a 10 would be perfect. I know a few women who ride, and pretty much all they need is a 9. I kited with one girl on vacation, she also rode a 9 the whole time. Most of the guys were rideing 13's and 12's.

That all being said obvioulsy the 10 will get you going in lighter winds, and the 8 higher. Pick your poison.

I wonder myself what kind of quiver you would be after? 5 9 12, or 7 10 14?

Also check out the 130 blunt from wainman. It might end your search for a board.

Andy

katrine1000
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Kegnæs
Style: cruisin'

Postby katrine1000 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:31 pm

i have a 9 kite and its wonderful, it works great, and you are right, when my 90kg buddy rides with a 12, my 9 is perfect. I own a 9 and a 12 (for very light windy days) and am sorta in the market for a small kite, im thinking a 6. because i will probably sell my 9 to get an 8. So my sizes would be, 6, 8 and 12. Oh and this is all in LF Havoc sizes.

i am in search of a board!! Do any of your girlfriends ride the north paris from 09? or has anyone tried the new Soleil from '10??

I appreciate all the board suggestions, i need a small board desperatly, as the wind and water in denmark craves a small, flexy and sexy little board that can handle the rough conditions that is the weather in fall denmark :)

Return to “Kitesurfing”