Forum for kitesurfers
MattM
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Fortaleza to Prea/Jeri in October

Postby MattM » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:54 pm

Hey all

I am going to Brazil in October (on my own) and planning on going straight to Prea/Jeri.

I am trying to get my head around transport from Fortaleza to Jeri and hoping someone that has done it recently can help! The R$4/500 for the private 4x4 transfer is too expensive so looks like it is going to be the bus or minibus for me.

I arrive on the TAP flight from Lisbon so it seems that in either case I need to wait to the following day?

Minibus/aka Microbus (for around R$80?): does anyone know if this is still running? I got in touch with VilaKalango who used to do it but they no longer do it…If it is still running can anyone recommend a handy hotel in Fortaleza to spend the night in while waiting for this?

Redencao Bus (http://www.redencaoonline.com.br/en/turismo.php): The first bus leaves the centre of town at 9.30 and the airport at 10.30. If this is correct can anyone recommend a decent but cheap hotel near the bus station or the airport where I can wait for this bus?

Any other options I have missed out on?

Thanks a lot!

Matt

Cumbuco Travel Group
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Fortaleza to Prea/Jeri in October

Postby Cumbuco Travel Group » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:35 pm

There are some cheap pousadas arround Iracema .… or check the Ibis Hotel.

If you like to book the bus upfront sent us an email we can do so !

Greetings from Cumbuco

Cumbuco.com Travel Agency
Avenida Central 511
Cumbuco - Brazil

MattM
Rare Poster

Postby MattM » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:23 pm

Anyone with other ideas? :-)

dfahlbusch
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Gilgo beach, Long Island, New York
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete, Gilgo, Robert Moses
Gear: Best Kites

Postby dfahlbusch » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:09 pm

Hi,

I'll be starting off my kite trip this October 21, 2009 in Cumbuco. I plan on staying till January 2010. I will be looking for an apartment too rent in either Cumbuco or Jeri. Any ideas or experiences to share? Has anyone done any car camping in this area?

dfahlbusch@gmail.com

bleith
Rare Poster

Postby bleith » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:28 pm

I did the journey from Fortaleza to Jeri a couple of days ago. There are various ways of doing it (hire a car, private 4x4/minibus, helicopter etc) but the cheapest is the public bus.

It is operated by Rendencao (www.rendencaoonline.com) and tickets can be bought in Fortaleza airport at the booth to the right of the Ceara Tourism Information booth (a few to the left of Avis). There are two buses a day (maybe a third in high season) at around 10:00 and 18:00. My bus turned up at 18:45 and I don't think this is unusual - expect it to be late.

It pulls in outside the door near the ticket booth at the very end of the terminal, near the taxi rank. It stops at a few places on the way, picking up more people, then dumps you in Jijoca. After a long wait an open sided bus arrives and the same ticket gets you on that, to Jeri. Its a bumpy ride of about an hour, the last 30 mins of which is along the beach.

The whole journey is 6-8 hours and costs R$38. The coach to Jijoca is really comfortable but the bus after that is pretty painful. It's a relatively straightforward journey though.

Hope this helps.

vanbo
Rare Poster

Postby vanbo » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:45 pm

check with the poussada's in Prea (vila Prea, Rancho do Peixe, etc) if they don't have transferts for the same flight to Prea, so maybe you can share the trip.
I've been to prea a couple of times and after a 7 hours flight from lisbon I'm realy not in the mood to sit again 8 hours on a bus to Jeri, so for me the 400 R$ for the 4x4 transfert is worth every penny.

dankite
Medium Poster
Local Beach: north french coast
Franceville
Berck
Col du Lautaret
Favorite Beaches: Beauduc
La Franki
Franceville
Berck
Col du Lautaret
Style: Freeride and Snowkite
Gear: EVO II 10 et 12 M2
Frenzy 6,5 - 8,0 - 9,5
Trax IV 130 X 38
PLXR
Brand Affiliation: CLUB AKIF

Postby dankite » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:54 pm

If it is to make Kite Jerry is not the ideal Spot ( very strong, irregular aso ) But may be you have your reasons.
Nethertheless, If you have made your reservation in Jerry, The owner of the Pousada or Hôtel suppose to manage the transfert from the Airport .
If not, call or mail him to arrange that.

mjc87
Rare Poster

Postby mjc87 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:49 am

MattM when are you travelling. I'm going out on the 10th and looking for people to split a private transfer with...

HackyBrazil
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Prea, Area 51, Guriu, Mangue Secco, Camocim
Favorite Beaches: Prea, Area 51, Guriu, Camocim
Gear: Anton Custom 138x43 + Escalade Bindings
Anton Custom JB Wave - 5,4``
Slingshot Fuel 7 + 9

Postby HackyBrazil » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:38 am

Write your arrival details - there are a bunch of transfers in October.

if you are going with the redencao - the bus is stopping at various places in Fortaleza - so when you choose your pousada/hotel it`s best that you get in the bus around the beira Mar because there are the best options for accomodation.
there is also a VIP bus with less stops during the trip.

dankite is right - Jeri is not the best kitespot - its more for the windsurfing. You will actually go to Prea, or plenty of other spots nearby.......

mjc87
Rare Poster

Postby mjc87 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:46 pm

Hacky - I'm flight TAP Portugal 165 arriving 18:30 on the 10th Oct.

Return to “Kitesurfing”