Style: Kite mountain boarding
Gear: Flexifoil Windwing
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

2008 Naish Alliance 10m

Postby doichin_s » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:38 pm

Hi everybody,
who knows why the 2008 Naish Alliance 10m is so cheap "complete 550$". I am thinking to buy one, but I do not know, if there is some issue, which will make me regret.
Thank you in advance
Doychin

jeff1
Medium Poster
Style: freeride

Re: 2008 Naish Alliance 10m

Postby jeff1 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:00 pm

Naish alliance is a fantastic kite i had a 8 and a 12,they are a very fast kite and love high wind.The low end is not the best but in strong wind its just brilliant.
Price ur quoting is really good if u ask me.

windsurfer-resurrection

Postby windsurfer-resurrection » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:51 pm

They are..a flying wing..all top end ..no low end at all, a 10m alliance will work when everybody else is on a 6m.. many struts..high aspect..nothing like the torch..

Naish only made them for one year.
Last edited by windsurfer-resurrection on Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

laz
Very Frequent Poster

Postby laz » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:09 pm

Their nice kites

If that set ups new you should buy it and thats a really good deal

If you want used I can sell you a 10 meter alliance used less than 5 times kite only for $350 + shipping. email me if youre intrested laz91@comcast.net

koma
Rare Poster
Gear: Nobile, Naish, Slingshot, Mystic, Oneill.

Postby koma » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:47 pm

Great kites that were introduced into a range that didn't need them - which is why Naish only made them for one year.

The Alliance was meant to be a sigma shaped Torch but it turned out a bit softer than the Torches. Naish's mistake was that the sort of rider who wants a Torch isn't going to want a less hardcore version - hence the Alliance never really took off in popularity.

I've flown an 8 and 12 Alliance for the last two seasons and have mostly positive things to say about them. Their weakness is that because of the seven struts and the octopus inflation system they're a bit more leading edge heavy than would have been preferred, meaning if you don't pay attention to them and leave them at 12 o'clock with the bar out (like a beginner would do) then they can fall leading edge down (hindenberg).
Wind range is excellent, but definitely focused on the top end rather than bottom. 12m takes me from 16-27kn and the 8m takes me from 22kn to... well i've never found the top end but i'd say somewhere around 35kn.
Once tuned, unhooked is good but they tend to power up a little quicker than a Torch/Fuel would after the pop. Relaunch is very quick and easy with the 5th line - relaunch like any 5 liner.

Overall i'd say they're a bargain as long as you don't want the latest hardcore freestyle kite. If your looking to step up towards a Torch/Fuel/Hadlow Pro in the future then they're a great intermediate kite.

doichin_s
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Ocean Beach San Francisco

Postby doichin_s » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:51 pm

Thank you for the information guys! Just one more question, which level are this kites-beginner, intermediate or advanced. I am actually beginner and have just experience with foilkites on the ground. I never get into the water here. It is too cold in SF. But I may try some day :).
Thank you one more time

windsurfer-resurrection

Postby windsurfer-resurrection » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:14 pm

This is not a beginner kite...due not buy it....if you have not already taken professional lessons, spend your money on them first..

The off season has begune in the bay area and is extreme storm kiting till march...stay away...

the end of season seap meet is this Saturday in oakland..

http://www.ultranectar.com/ultrafest/

Something for everyone:
* Swap Meet - Sell your gear or pick up some new gear
* Local shops/schools selling their demos and teaching equipment
* Snow Creek Winter Clothing Sale - 1/2 off
* Huge UltraNectar Summer/Winter Clothing Sale
* ShadowBox - see it live

Where? 867 Isabella St, Oakland, CA ‎94607
Look for the UN Flags on the black fence on West Grand Ave. entrance.

Call us if you get lost (510) 251-1640

PAFF
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Frestyle and waves. Always unhookt
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot-Naish-Cabrinha-North-Best-Surftech.

Postby PAFF » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:54 pm

doichin_s wrote:Thank you for the information guys! Just one more question, which level are this kites-beginner, intermediate or advanced. I am actually beginner and have just experience with foilkites on the ground. I never get into the water here. It is too cold in SF. But I may try some day :).
Thank you one more time
Get and SLE kite.

Dont get a Alliance. Its a high ar 7 strut hang machine, not a kite that is at all for a beginner.

doichin_s
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Ocean Beach San Francisco

Postby doichin_s » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:41 am

Good maybe on the water I am really beginner, but on land I can control really good my 7.8 m Flexifoil Blade. Sometimes it lifts me 30 f in the air, but I never tried inflatable kite. Is it so different? Something else, I also use handles and harness with pulley, I use bar just for dual-line kites.

DRAZ
Frequent Poster
Gear: OR

Postby DRAZ » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:28 am

doichin_s wrote:Good maybe on the water I am really beginner, but on land I can control really good my 7.8 m Flexifoil Blade. Sometimes it lifts me 30 f in the air, but I never tried inflatable kite. Is it so different? Something else, I also use handles and harness with pulley, I use bar just for dual-line kites.
I'd like to see a video of you 30ft on land with a blade. Heights always appear higher than they actually are. I certainly hope you are not jumping that high as you will not be around that much longer if you are...

On a comletely other note, I rode the Alliance 8m in some fairly strong winds and tried some kiteloops and had the kite collapse downwind of me, very scary, not that you'll have to worry about that for a while(yes the kite was fully inflated).

Return to “Kitesurfing”