Flysurfer Speed3 - The Ultimate Flying Machine

Forum for kitesurfers
FredBGG
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Flysurfer Speed3 - The Ultimate Flying Machine

Postby FredBGG » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:46 pm

kitesurfbali wrote:Tried the Speed 2 long time ago and was the Silver Arrow in ultra light material.
To me the turning speed seems very similar!!! Pretty slow...

Bye Jankie
When I hand my psycho 4 10m or 15m to a rider that rides tubes they find they turn slow.
Then they come in and I tell them to crank the bar more and then they tell me that they turn great.

Anyway today I'll be taking out the new Speed 3s and I should also be able to do a side by side with a Speed 2.

A lot also depends on what you want to do with a kite.

Also turning Speed in lowish winds and very low winds improve significantly with low bar pressure setting on the Speeds.

I doubt that the Speed 3 will be a classic wave riding kite... the psycho 4 is way better than that.
However I'm told that the Speed 3s drifts much better than the Speed 2s and Speed 1s.

I have yet to see a giant LEI that turns well in really low wind as is forgiving enough in the lulls to make light wind kiting fun.

Also I have yet to see a good video of anything interesting being done with a Zephyr in low wind.
Loads of hype and good feelings about the Zephyr, but in the youtube age it's strange that there is almost no video out there showing real kite behaviour.
I'd love to see more.

Not saying it can't or does not do it, but come on guys post some more video.

toyletbowl
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Olbrich, Governor Nelson, Tenney, Burrows and McDaniels.
Favorite Beaches: Olbrich on SW and McDaniels on a SSW.
Sheboygan when it blows hard on a NE.
Style: Waves, Twin tip and Foilboards.
Gear: Whatever is available.
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, Slingshot, Core, Armstrong, Axis, NP Surf, Ride engine, Mystic. www.kiteridersllc.com

Postby toyletbowl » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:45 pm

FredBGG wrote:
kitesurfbali wrote:Tried the Speed 2 long time ago and was the Silver Arrow in ultra light material.

Bye Jankie
When I hand my psycho 4 10m or 15m to a rider that rides tubes they find they turn slow.
Then they come in and I tell them to crank the bar more and then they tell me that they turn great.

???????

huh? if you tell that same rider then to go back out on his/her fast turning tube kite and crank on the bar, guess what...it will now be even faster turning. that's just a common statement for all kites. crank the bar and the kite turns faster.

bob
www.kiteridersllc.com

PBKiteboarding
Very Frequent Poster
Style: New School
Gear: Fone
Nobile
Ozone Water & Snow
Flysurfer
Flyboards
Ocean Rodeo
Seaspecs
Location: PBKiteboarding.com Sales-Repair-Lessons Ozone, Aboards, Flysurfer, OR, Canada USA Worlwide

Postby PBKiteboarding » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:01 am

Good to hear the review on the 15m... I had a great time on the 15m Serial in Italy.... Kite loops and front roll Downloops, Fun!

Just out on the Speed 3 12m Deluxe Edition 4hr session.... WOW!!, I didn't want to stop! Got dark out.
They all turn faster and more high end and easier relaunch.... way more stable....

Will write more later... got some Vid footage...

kitesurfbali
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kite Beach, Sanur , Bali, Indonesia
Canggu, Bali, Indonesia
Lakey Peak, Sumbawa, Indonesia
Favorite Beaches: Too many....
Style: Waves shredder
Gear: Ozone, Airush, F-One, Peter Lynn - Kites
Airush, Underground, Surf X-treme custom - boards
Brand Affiliation: Peter Lynn, Ozone, Airush, Underground, F-One, Surf X-treme custom
Been thanked: 0

Postby kitesurfbali » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:05 am

Hello PB,
as you are a Fly seller maybe you can explain better about the Normal 15m Speed 3 against the Deluxe and against the Speed 2 Silver...
In 12-13 knots I was still experiencing the tips closing a bit on the Speed 3 - 15m normal.
I told the guy who has it that he should have gone for the Deluxe one!

Maybe you can also add a comparison with the Zephyr 17m as you also sell Ozone.
Bye Jankie

FredBGG
Very Frequent Poster

Postby FredBGG » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:17 am

toyletbowl wrote:
FredBGG wrote:

Bye Jankie

???????

huh? if you tell that same rider then to go back out on his/her fast turning tube kite and crank on the bar, guess what...it will now be even faster turning. that's just a common statement for all kites. crank the bar and the kite turns faster.

bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
Yes that true to a point. What I am trying to say is that the Psychos have a more progressive bar turning effect.... lets see if I can explain.

With a LEI (most of them) very little bar turning will turn the kite quite quickly and then turning more will have a bit less of an effect...

With the psyhco 4s you need to turn the bar more for an initial turning effect but as you go beyond that the bar turning effect increases

I found that with the Helix 12m I had the bar was more "nervous" than with my Psycho 4 10m .
Fully cranked the Psycho 4 10m would turn faster , especially if sheeted out compared to the Helix 12m. Power wise they were the same. The bar pressure on the Helix was heavier too.

PBKiteboarding
Very Frequent Poster
Style: New School
Gear: Fone
Nobile
Ozone Water & Snow
Flysurfer
Flyboards
Ocean Rodeo
Seaspecs
Location: PBKiteboarding.com Sales-Repair-Lessons Ozone, Aboards, Flysurfer, OR, Canada USA Worlwide

Postby PBKiteboarding » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:43 pm

These are things we should know to help a customers... If we don't know it's not good...

So I find I have to fly and offer to sell Open Cells, Closed Cell, Lei's to be knowledgeable.. then help each customer one on one the best I can... new or used Flysurfers... solutions. It's really about wanting them to have more fun more kiting days like we have experienced... Don't just sell kites, give then back up after market support, answer questions, lessons, kite repair... Many of the things I didn't have when I started....

Lei's and Foils are so unique in their own way. It would be better to compare a Zephyr to an Ocean Rodeo Rise 16m with Veturi Technology.
But sure happy to get either of these kites for a customer. No bias needed... so I can tell the real deal to them...

I could write ten pages on personal experience to a customer...(pushing each type of kite to high and low ends) but usually say after a few e-mails... Let's have a good chat over the phone or in the shop, interaction and feed back... Kite tips, Serial Deluxe and so on... and on... helps customers the best! and after market support... That's what we do...

Here is the main Speed 2 to 3 Page...

Flysurfer Research and Development

Good page on what we are tapping into with Foils a Speed 2 Gliding Dunes... then to water and back vid below

Also where your friend got his SP15m... Dealer they should help him with his questions and support him...
Hello PB,
as you are a Fly seller maybe you can explain better about the Normal 15m Speed 3 against the Deluxe and against the Speed 2 Silver...
In 12-13 knots I was still experiencing the tips closing a bit on the Speed 3 - 15m normal.
I told the guy who has it that he should have gone for the Deluxe one!

Maybe you can also add a comparison with the Zephyr 17m as you also sell Ozone.
Bye Jankie
Last edited by PBKiteboarding on Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:01 am, edited 4 times in total.

BiteMe
Frequent Poster

Postby BiteMe » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:34 pm

Hey guys,

Not bashing here, but why would anyone want a smaller sized speed? Are they for lighter riders in light wind? I get the 19m. We have one or two at our local beach and they are always first out and sometimes the only ones out. And if you are a big guy in a light wind area your choices are very limited. So I understand why someone would own the 19m. But why would you own a smaller size speed?

Just curious................

Carlos_C
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Southend, Lancing, Hunstanton, sea Palling
Gear: Fuels, Speed 4, Sonic 2

Postby Carlos_C » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:48 pm

Hang time mate.....take a high aspect kite out in big winds and you're up there for a long while.....gets quite addictive

badgerexplosion
Rare Poster

Postby badgerexplosion » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:08 am

kitesurfbali wrote: Last year I tried the Flysurfer Speed 2 15m Silver Arrow and it seems to me the turning speed of the "Normal" Speed 3 is the same...
That's really hard to believe all the reviews and in the videos I have seen the 3 looks much faster than the 2.

badgerexplosion
Rare Poster

Postby badgerexplosion » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:16 am

BiteMe wrote:Hey guys,

Not bashing here, but why would anyone want a smaller sized speed? Are they for lighter riders in light wind? I get the 19m. We have one or two at our local beach and they are always first out and sometimes the only ones out. And if you are a big guy in a light wind area your choices are very limited. So I understand why someone would own the 19m. But why would you own a smaller size speed?

Just curious................
I had a speed 2 10m and it was a really fun kite, lots power and fast turning compared to the larger models. Not as fast turning as an LEI but as fast through the air and good depower. Its just another fun option and makes a change from LEIs.

Return to “Kitesurfing”