Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

X2 trimming help required

Forum for kitesurfers
captain pugwash
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby captain pugwash » Mon Jul 08, 2002 12:57 am

I have been flying Cabrinha BT's for a year and now have a new X2 16. Flew it for the first time yesterday, but am concerned I have it trimmed wrong. The BT's didn't like the wing tips being flared through overpowering, is the X2 the same ? Using the factory settings there seemed to be excessive tip twist. What is the tip flare recc. for max speed/power.

Just as a side issue, when I pull the bar towards me is this classed as sheeting 'in' or 'out'

phree
Medium Poster

Postby phree » Mon Jul 08, 2002 3:57 am

The following links are from the X2 Buyer's Manual. Maybe best that you read what the manufacturer has to say on the various trimming options for the X2.

http://207.36.97.149/html/page_6.html

http://207.36.97.149/html/page_1.html

If you haven't already, I'd suggest downloading the entire X2 Buyer's Manual and printing it out for a handy reference. You can find it here:

http://207.36.97.149/html/x2_manual.html

:cool:

captain pugwash
Medium Poster

Postby captain pugwash » Mon Jul 08, 2002 7:02 am

manual read and re-read but it still doesn't describe what the kite tips should look like when optimally powered.

phree
Medium Poster

Postby phree » Mon Jul 08, 2002 7:41 am

Of course I stand to be corrected but here is my understanding from the X2 Manual for achieving maximum turning speed. Connect the kite lines to the two outermost connection points on the wing tips. You can make further adjustments by choosing between the three attachment knots on the extension lines. Hope this helps.

:cool:

jever98
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby jever98 » Mon Jul 08, 2002 9:03 am

I guess it depends on your riding style:
on my 14, I like to trim it so that I even have power when the arms are fully extended.
In this position, the tips just don't flare. You can then oversheet for jumps, etc.
When you pull the adjuster in, you get some more depower by extending your arms and when the adjuster is fully pulled in, I found I got a very good windrange out of my 14.
CHeers
Nico

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 08, 2002 1:23 pm

Of the 8 Naish kites I have owned, they have all flown perfectly out of the bag on the factory set line lengths etc.

My 14 has the tips 'flared' when fully powered, and I like it like this. At this setting there is a lot of bar pressure, but it is most powerful and gives good hangtime.

In my view, as long as the kite doesn't fly backwards, there isn't too much back line pressure.

And you know what they say - tight is right. If the front lines aren't slack, the trimming should be fine.

jever98
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby jever98 » Mon Jul 08, 2002 1:39 pm

It really depends on the kite. It is not always that you generate more power and lift from a kite by tightening the back lines. THe Airblast, for example, flies with lower performance when the back lines are overly tight, even though it may not fly backwards, yet.
Cheers
Nico

Return to “Kitesurfing”