North Race LTD 2010 ?

Forum for kitesurfers
Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: North Race LTD 2010 ?

Postby Peter_Frank » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:18 pm

naishdude wrote:Peter Frank,

Sounds very promising :thumb: , is there no need to have double footstraps, at the rear end
to keep the board flat?
Frank
Cant say really, yet,, as in waves it is difficult and not necessary to keep it flat.

A bit wider footstrap might make it easier to ride with the board flat, true.

But on expense of "freeride", as you wont be able to ride switch stance whatsoever I think !
So waveriding "just for fun and doing it" is not possible then...

You can also adjust your strap really tight to keep the board flat, or really loose to get freeride options, so it feels okay IMO.

Kindly, Peter Frank

naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Holland
Spain
Danemark
France
Favorite Beaches: everywhere at the seaside, where it is allowed to kite
Style: cruising& wave
Gear: Airush Sector 54 V5, Cypher5'8 active, compact 5'6, Compact5'5 active, Limit Waves custom 5'6
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby naishdude » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:51 pm

Peter_Frank wrote:
naishdude wrote:Peter Frank,

Sounds very promising :thumb: , is there no need to have double footstraps, at the rear end
to keep the board flat?
Frank
Cant say really, yet,, as in waves it is difficult and not necessary to keep it flat.

A bit wider footstrap might make it easier to ride with the board flat, true.

But on expense of "freeride", as you wont be able to ride switch stance whatsoever I think !
So waveriding "just for fun and doing it" is not possible then...

You can also adjust your strap really tight to keep the board flat, or really loose to get freeride options, so it feels okay IMO.

Kindly, Peter Frank
Sounds Logic, at least the weekend is coming, altough weather forecast looks pretty windy, have a good time duringb the weekend!!
Frank

Wawando
Very Frequent Poster
Location: Portugal - Guincho; Rebel2012 5m, 9m & 2011 7m; Amundson 5'9&6'
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Wawando » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:57 pm

Hi,
How about keeping record of max speed/upwind angle on LTD 2010?
What is your top speed so far Peter?
First ride this weekend! :jump:

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:40 am

I was out two days ago, on a light wind day with 11m2 and small waves.

Just sufficient for fun waveriding.

When the wind died a bit, I took out the raceboard, to try it in these "not flat" conditions with a big kite.

Took some pictures, to compare the 5'9 raceboard with my 5'11-6' waveboard, and they are SO different as you can see :

As I had my Pentax in the kite, I just took some video from "playing around" on the raceboard - even the 4 big fins works great when you just learn how to :thumb:

Remembering this is a raceboard with extreme light wind ability, and upwind performance - this is FUN, when the exact same board :

I have some other facts about upwind angle and general comparisons, and also the older special TT raceboards and other stuff, but will be another day, if anyone interested.

But this board is really an awesome freeride raceboard for me, and the ultimate light wind tool, and the best tour board in all winds - so really content :thumb:

Kindly, Peter Frank

naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Spain
Danemark
France
Gear: Airush Sector 54 V5, Cypher5'8 active, compact 5'6, Compact5'5 active, Limit Waves custom 5'6
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5

Postby naishdude » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:13 am

:P
Peter_Frank wrote:I was out two days ago, on a light wind day with 11m2 and small waves.

Just sufficient for fun waveriding.

When the wind died a bit, I took out the raceboard, to try it in these "not flat" conditions with a big kite.

Took some pictures, to compare the 5'9 raceboard with my 5'11-6' waveboard, and they are SO different as you can see :

As I had my Pentax in the kite, I just took some video from "playing around" on the raceboard - even the 4 big fins works great when you just learn how to :thumb:

Remembering this is a raceboard with extreme light wind ability, and upwind performance - this is FUN, when the exact same board :

I have some other facts about upwind angle and general comparisons, and also the older special TT raceboards and other stuff, but will be another day, if anyone interested.

But this board is really an awesome freeride raceboard for me, and the ultimate light wind tool, and the best tour board in all winds - so really content :thumb:

Kindly, Peter Frank
are you sure you were on a Raceboard?? :lol:
Peter Frank, you are a real source of information!!!
Thx a lot for all info on the board till now!!!
btw, nice waveboard too, if I can, then my next summervacation will be again Danemark, maybe area Ebeltoft...afterwards crossing towards Fjerritslev.L
Are there a lot of restrictions toward kitesurfing in Danemark, special your east sea coast?
Cheers
Frank

ogm
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby ogm » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:31 pm

Yes, all the information provided very good.I am now more inclined to get the North Race LTD 2010.

naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Spain
Danemark
France
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5

Postby naishdude » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:08 pm

I find, North should pay him back his board, for all his efforts! :thumb:
Such a free advertising!
Frank
Last edited by naishdude on Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikelet
Frequent Poster
Style: Yes
Gear: Yes
Brand Affiliation: No

Postby mikelet » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:25 pm

Hey, Peter Frank:
Just a question :D .In this post and in the straps for surfboards post on where you also posted a photo from another surfboard,i noticed that you reinforce your boards under the pads with carbon fiber,assuming that the boards are poly,do you feel it does this really prevent heel dents on the deck??,just a single layer?? :thumb:
Thanks

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:53 pm

Wawando wrote:Hi,
How about keeping record of max speed/upwind angle on LTD 2010?
What is your top speed so far Peter?
First ride this weekend! :jump:
I dont know - havent checked it at all yet....

Upwind angle on the first tries with the standard small fins was around 30 degrees, even in chop/waves.

The standard fins are sized just like PaulOZ wrote, 185mm for the rear and 105mm for the front pair.

And Surfpilot's pictures shows the standard fins :thumb:

For the best kiteracers, these fins are very small though, even for more wind....

Kindly, Peter Frank

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:21 pm

mikelet wrote:Hey, Peter Frank:
Just a question :D .In this post and in the straps for surfboards post on where you also posted a photo from another surfboard,i noticed that you reinforce your boards under the pads with carbon fiber,assuming that the boards are poly,do you feel it does this really prevent heel dents on the deck??,just a single layer?? :thumb:
Thanks
It is Ralf Bachschuster boards I use, they are called "RB63".

I use the carbon reinforcements on the "specials" too, and yes, I know for sure that they work.
It is Ralf who has found this solution and implemented it long ago, to avoid the heel dents :D

And the boards are all epoxy, stronger and better and easier to repair too.

The boards I use now are slightly modified from one of his standard boards, to fit me - but as he has made two of these special ones for me now (apart from the standard ones I've had), and for others too, so you might call it a "standard" shape of his now, to some extent.

Ralf is an excellent waverider in Cape Town, and design the boards and test a lot, and has a board shaper to work with - so he can get it "just right" :thumb:

The carbon will definitely avoid heel dents 100% !

And as it is only locally applied, the board will still flex as it should (a totally stiff board is not good for waveboards).

Ralf in CT :

ralf.bachschuster@iburst.co.za

Kindly, Peter Frank
Last edited by Peter_Frank on Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”