blardibar
Rare Poster
Gear: peter lynn hornet
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New to land boarding

Postby blardibar » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:54 pm

Hi, i recently got my first land board (rkb r1) and was wondering if anyone had any tips to get learning fast. I fly a peter lynn hornet 3m
thanks for any tips!

DesertWind
Rare Poster
Local Beach: I live between Homer, Alaska, Washington, DC and Oahu, Hawaii.
Favorite Beaches: I love kiting and teaching in places where the scene is just getting off the ground and everyone is psyched to learn. Personally, I like riding at my home beach in Homer, Alaska, snowkiting in Flagstaff, Arizona, and almost anywhere in the Caribbean. South Padre Island, TX and Cape Hatteras, NC are great for riding and teaching too. Now that we are in Hawaii a lot, I am really loving the small, tight wave focused scene on Oahu.
Style: Anything with a kite.
Gear: I ride anything safe and fun.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New to land boarding

Postby DesertWind » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:59 pm

Hey,
Landboarding is awesome. I dont know how much you are riding yet but something obvious that got me going fast and safe was to use the foot straps but have them loose. When you get yanked you kick your feet back as you go forward and you dont go flying with the board on. No injuries yet.

Also, hard surfaces are easier and probably safer than other surfaces like softish sand or long grass. try the beach as the tide goes out when the sand is hard. Right along the waterline is great. Also, riding in lighter wind (8-15 mph) to start with is always smart. and if the surface is indeed hard then you can often go pretty well even in this wind--depending on your body weight. And of course wear pads and a helmet. That will help you remain safe but also confident to push a little harder. Good shoes and long pants are also good.

good luck and have fun!

Traveler
Desert Wind Kiteboarding

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Re: New to land boarding

Postby Kamikuza » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:01 am

Welcome!
Get time with the kite and board under your belt - experience! Safety gear is important too :D
Head over to powerkiteforum.com for more landboarding ...

Return to “Kitesurfing”