Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

The Reel leash that lost my board today.

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 29, 2002 10:49 pm

Where can I buy the SURF NUT? Can I order it via the net? Thanks

phree
Medium Poster

Postby phree » Sun Jun 30, 2002 2:01 am

I'm sure there are various places you can buy the Surf Nut. However, the only place I know of, off hand, is Naish Hawaii. Those guys run a great shop and stand behind their sales. On their website, you'll find a toll free telephone number. Keep in mind Hawaii time is six hours behind Eastern Standard Time.

http://www.naish.com/surfnut.html

:cool:

lndpnt
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby lndpnt » Sun Jun 30, 2002 3:06 pm

I have a complete Slingshot bar and leash system, works great. But the saftey leash uses the same clasp, (one to the ring at the end of the steering line and the other to my harness) . They fequently hang open, and as Phree said, I have to manually close them. They seem very secure, but I hate to think.........Lane

TheRob
Medium Poster

Postby TheRob » Sun Jun 30, 2002 4:27 pm

try putting a little bit of oil inside of the clasp. i know this helped out my slingshot safety leash, but i haven't tried it in the water. the oil will probably not stay on for very long.
later,
rob

lndpnt
Medium Poster

Postby lndpnt » Mon Jul 01, 2002 7:16 pm

Hey Rob, what are you doing about a quick release on the Slingshot bar. I emailed them but no reply...the only thing I can think of is a whole new chicken loop or one of those spreaderbar quick releases,

metafizx
Rare Poster

Postby metafizx » Tue Jul 09, 2002 10:19 am

to all SurfNut users, I use this device all the time, and I really like it. However it has a few issues that need to be clear:

1). the first clasps may not fully close, which could release the ring holding the urethane leash.

2). the urethane leash will snap if subjected to a massive load. usually this is from larger boards, and twin tips (which the leash attachment in the center). in a way, this is good, since you dont what to have a situation where it doesnt break. under normal circumstances the leash is fine.

3). unit can bind up if the screw is tight. the surfnut is supposed to be loose, so it can move with relation to the board/harness.
sand can also make it bind. a thorough rinse
of water, while pulling the line in/out, will clear it.

if you have comments or questions, you can email me at metafizx@yahoo.com

if you need a replacement urethane leash, or have surfnut problems, call naish hawaii 808 262 6068 or email them at naish@naish.com.
if your unit has failed, please contact naish hawaii. they would like to replace the unit, and get your failed unit.

Return to “Kitesurfing”