Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Drake or Jarvis advice needed.

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 08, 2002 8:10 pm

Thinking about new board. I'm intermediate rider. Weight 75 kg. Thinking to ride from 8 to 14 knots with JoJo Rage 12. What board will be better for me Drake or Jarvis? How to choose a right one. Thanks a lot.

Johnny TBKS
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Johnny TBKS » Mon Jul 08, 2002 8:43 pm

the best way to choose the right one is to try them both. But, if you plan to use it in light winds, I'd personally go with the larger one, the Jarvis. I have a demo one for sale if yer interested.

Johnny

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 09, 2002 9:38 am

I'm riding the Jarvis and I'm really happy with it. My weight is 80 kg and I'm using a X2 16. I was also hesitating which size to buy, but after talking to the slingshot team I decided to go for the Jarvis.
The board is great, you will be happy with it.

BR

Heine Rasmussen

hwenn
Medium Poster

Postby hwenn » Tue Jul 09, 2002 9:41 am

Sorry to get off topic, but do you like the larger sizes of the x2? I am thinking of buying an 18, but I'm afraid it will be slow and difficult to handle.
Jumping ability
Durability

Good winds
Henrik

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 09, 2002 10:41 am

Hi Henrik

I like the X2 a lot. Yesterday was my first day out with the 16, so I have only spent a few hours with the kite so far. Before I was using the ARX same size (15,5) and there is a big difference. The X2 is much faster and lighter to steer.
The first thing I noticed was the higher aspect. It's notably higher than the ARX.
First when I got it in the air, it felt much smaller than the ARX. Not because of the lift and pull, but because of the light steering forces. The kite is very stable and together with the precise control it makes you feel secure, cause the kite does exactly what you want. The balance seams to be perfect. If your lines goes slack the kite is gently floating a little back and recovering.
I haven't been jumping too much yet, but the lift is huge and the landing very soft.

I can't tell about the relaunch abilities, cause the kite haven't been in the water yet.

I imagine the 18 will feel very close to the handling of the 16, so I wont be disappointed.

Regarding the durability the kite looks solid. The materials used looks real nice. Time will tell how long it lasts, but it sure looks great and strong.

Hang Loose

Heine

hwenn
Medium Poster

Postby hwenn » Fri Jul 12, 2002 7:45 am

Heine
Anymore info on the x2? Have you gotten to use it any more? Keep us posted!
Thanks
Henrik

bragnouff
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: New Brighton
Gear: Boards: Alkita boards
Zeeko Slash/AirWave/Scrambler
Amundson Johno
Foils: Spitfire XLW/ XXLW. GoFoil NL130/160/190
Kites: FS Peaks
HB Legion
Wings:Zeeko Carve
HB Flair/Guide...
Brand Affiliation: GK enthusiast / Zeeko & HB Pimp

Postby bragnouff » Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:40 am

Hello, I'm 85kg and I've got a Drake, that I found excellent and very ludic. But if you target the range 6-14 knots, maybe you'd better to choose an other board. I found this boards (the Jarvis as well as the Drake) really work with full potency over 12 knots, when waves are present. If you want light wind boards, and specially for flat waters, my advice would be to try something else, for example the F-one 168/160, that are way faster than Skate series (Have a look at the rocker of the Skates,...) and that make light wind sailing much more easy, because you can generate your wind with the speed of the board.

Return to “Kitesurfing”