Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Please update This Thread! Need QR Info.

Forum for kitesurfers
EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Please update This Thread! Need QR Info.

Postby EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY » Thu Apr 17, 2003 1:22 pm

Shalom koolam, bevakasha tistakloo all ha post hazeh ve teazru lanu limzoa et ha QR ha'achi tov ve batooach.

index.php?page=http://www.kiteforum.com ... tton=forum

Ronen.

Yael
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Yael » Fri Apr 18, 2003 9:13 am

Ronen, I think you put a wrong link.

BigSmelly
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BigSmelly » Sun Apr 20, 2003 9:03 am

phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=8953
This should work...

Ron, dude - bad experience there... must have been scarey, but the main thing is you came out of it only shaken and stirred. Glad you're OK. Been reading through the replies (have not been very active on the forums lately) and as I don't realy use too much saftey equipment myself, have not too much too add. I have always been one to not worry about anything, until the shit hits the fan. I always recon I can pull the QR and say bye bye - but as it seems the shit may hit so fast that its too late, and then panic sets in and it gets almost impossible to activate the QR...

I have had quite a few nice sessions on the OR Bronco, with the punch out system, although I have not had the need to activate it. In tests, it works great, punches out well, but the rubber tubing that is the depower line will create enough friction to slow the bar down considerably if let loose by accident. At least this is what I have noticed while testing this. Realy nice, comfy bar too...

Andi

EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY » Thu Apr 24, 2003 1:46 pm

Cheers Andy,

I was thinking of making my own punchout, but that is secondary to this -

In this set up the leash is the release trigger and is reachable from every place, above below from the side.

This means that if you are on your front, side or anything, you can still activate it, and the leash is so easy to grab, you have alot less worries activating it.

Its not perfect, if the bar is upside down you have to reach the leash from below the bar, but its still alot better.

a front line leash must be used.

See you in may.

R.

BigSmelly
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BigSmelly » Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:26 pm

A good idea, but the punch out system is also very accesible, after all, we usually have both hands on the bar, especially when in power or overpower situations, trying to control the kite...

May? Beginning of June no?

Andi

EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY » Mon Apr 28, 2003 2:41 pm

andi - Modified again. Check it out.

ok here goes - the blue rope is the leash which is attached to the front line.

The other end of the blue rope goes to a snap shackle, which in turn is attached to the whichard by means of a rope / plastic loop.

When you connect the blue leash to this, you can activate the release from anywhere along the blue leash but make sure you grab it from under the bar not over it.

It all spins and I tested mine yesterday in a squall. No tangles whan spinning and no leash mess after loops.

Arriving in TA 29th May, wedding 4th June Free otherwise.
looking forward to ripping with you all.

R.

BigSmelly
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BigSmelly » Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:08 pm

Go Ed, GO! Looks like you are serious about this eh. Nice to see someone with so much initiative, puting so much effort into an efficient kite leash. I must admit, I don't use one very often...

See you..

EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY » Wed May 07, 2003 12:59 pm

Mr Andi Sir you do surprise me - no leash ? Need i say more!

Return to “Kitesurfing”