robertovillate
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dynabar 2010 Models

Postby robertovillate » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:21 am

Windrider wrote:
robertovillate wrote:...Also, just curious if you lads with roller issues are using the older pin or the newer pin? The old one had threads running full length which added rolling resistance, the new is only threaded at the end with a smooth shaft which allows the roller to move better.
As far as I know, I'm using the newer one. I have a Freeride and a ProWave that were shipped from Italy in late July or August. I thought that, at the time, they said it was the new version with the newer pin. How do I check?

old on left, new on right

Windrider
Very Frequent Poster
Location: Kailua, Hawaii, currently riding EH and OR kites (2013 Razor rocks!)

Postby Windrider » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:37 am

So, I can tell by seeing either a flat head or an allen wrench head on the screw? (I don't want to have to loosen it to see... cuz right now it's not unscrewing by itself....)

dansheridan
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Oshawa ontario canada
Favorite Beaches: barbados
Style: lazy
Gear: speed 3 19m, 2010 cabrinha crossbow 16m and 12m mako 150 wide board
Brand Affiliation: flatroofing.ca

Postby dansheridan » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:09 am

HI GUys,

Any shops in the USA or Canada have the latest prowave model?
I don't want to order all the way from europe when I can just get it from here.

Thanx

Dan

dansheridan
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Oshawa ontario canada
Favorite Beaches: barbados
Style: lazy
Gear: speed 3 19m, 2010 cabrinha crossbow 16m and 12m mako 150 wide board
Brand Affiliation: flatroofing.ca

Postby dansheridan » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:13 am

HI Guys,

Thanx

Dan

robertovillate
Very Frequent Poster

Postby robertovillate » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:54 pm

dansheridan wrote:HI Guys,

Thanx

Dan
I have one left. If interested PM me with name, email and tel# and I will get in touch with you

robertovillate
Very Frequent Poster

Postby robertovillate » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:56 pm

Windrider wrote:So, I can tell by seeing either a flat head or an allen wrench head on the screw? (I don't want to have to loosen it to see... cuz right now it's not unscrewing by itself....)
you don't see the differences in the threads in that photo? I would say if it's an allen head it's the old pin.

Windrider
Very Frequent Poster
Location: Kailua, Hawaii, currently riding EH and OR kites (2013 Razor rocks!)

Postby Windrider » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:13 pm

robertovillate wrote:
Windrider wrote:So, I can tell by seeing either a flat head or an allen wrench head on the screw? (I don't want to have to loosen it to see... cuz right now it's not unscrewing by itself....)
you don't see the differences in the threads in that photo? I would say if it's an allen head it's the old pin.
'Course I can see the threading is different. But, the screw you are talking about is being used as an axle for the plastic sleeve that acts as roller (or should act as a roller anyway). Right? The plastic roller is covering up the body of the screw. If there is a potential problem of the screw coming loose, I certainly don't want to unscrew it to look at it. It's fitting tight now with no problem. Best to leave well enough alone. Or, are you talking about a different screw?

(Mine has a flathead BTW, Guess I'm good with the new screw/pin/axle).

robertovillate
Very Frequent Poster

Postby robertovillate » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:42 pm

Windrider wrote:
robertovillate wrote:
'Course I can see the threading is different. But, the screw you are talking about is being used as an axle for the plastic sleeve that acts as roller (or should act as a roller anyway). Right? The plastic roller is covering up the body of the screw. If there is a potential problem of the screw coming loose, I certainly don't want to unscrew it to look at it. It's fitting tight now with no problem. Best to leave well enough alone. Or, are you talking about a different screw?

(Mine has a flathead BTW, Guess I'm good with the new screw/pin/axle).
Right.

That's the only screw...period. Again, if it's the slotted flat head I would bet it's the new version and you should have little concern. If you tighten it sufficieently I seriously doubt it will loosen...and it would have to back out several turns to completely release...which would be very visible.

The pin is designed to be removable so you can replace the plastic roller. I usually supply 2 extra rollers with each bar, and have additional spares as well. Go ahead and loosen the screw and have a look...hit it with some WD40 if it's binding for some reason. If you want to be extra precautious hit it with some Loctite when you reinsert.

Return to “Kitesurfing”