*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Dynabar 2010 Models
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:21 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2002 1:00 am
Posts: 1497
Location: PASA Level III Instructor FL- OBX - MI - the world
Windrider wrote:
robertovillate wrote:
...Also, just curious if you lads with roller issues are using the older pin or the newer pin? The old one had threads running full length which added rolling resistance, the new is only threaded at the end with a smooth shaft which allows the roller to move better.

As far as I know, I'm using the newer one. I have a Freeride and a ProWave that were shipped from Italy in late July or August. I thought that, at the time, they said it was the new version with the newer pin. How do I check?



Image

old on left, new on right


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Dynabar 2010 Models
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:37 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:56 am
Posts: 3751
Location: Kailua, Hawaii, currently riding EH and OR kites (2013 Razor rocks!)
So, I can tell by seeing either a flat head or an allen wrench head on the screw? (I don't want to have to loosen it to see... cuz right now it's not unscrewing by itself....)


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Dynabar 2010 Models
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:09 am 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:01 am
Posts: 135
HI GUys,

Any shops in the USA or Canada have the latest prowave model?
I don't want to order all the way from europe when I can just get it from here.

Thanx

Dan


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Dynabar 2010 Models
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:13 am 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:01 am
Posts: 135
HI Guys,

Any shops in the USA or Canada have the latest prowave model?
I don't want to order all the way from europe when I can just get it from here.

Thanx

Dan


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Dynabar 2010 Models
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:54 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2002 1:00 am
Posts: 1497
Location: PASA Level III Instructor FL- OBX - MI - the world
dansheridan wrote:
HI Guys,

Any shops in the USA or Canada have the latest prowave model?
I don't want to order all the way from europe when I can just get it from here.

Thanx

Dan


I have one left. If interested PM me with name, email and tel# and I will get in touch with you


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Dynabar 2010 Models
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:56 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2002 1:00 am
Posts: 1497
Location: PASA Level III Instructor FL- OBX - MI - the world
Windrider wrote:
So, I can tell by seeing either a flat head or an allen wrench head on the screw? (I don't want to have to loosen it to see... cuz right now it's not unscrewing by itself....)


you don't see the differences in the threads in that photo? I would say if it's an allen head it's the old pin.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Dynabar 2010 Models
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:13 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:56 am
Posts: 3751
Location: Kailua, Hawaii, currently riding EH and OR kites (2013 Razor rocks!)
robertovillate wrote:
Windrider wrote:
So, I can tell by seeing either a flat head or an allen wrench head on the screw? (I don't want to have to loosen it to see... cuz right now it's not unscrewing by itself....)


you don't see the differences in the threads in that photo? I would say if it's an allen head it's the old pin.

'Course I can see the threading is different. But, the screw you are talking about is being used as an axle for the plastic sleeve that acts as roller (or should act as a roller anyway). Right? The plastic roller is covering up the body of the screw. If there is a potential problem of the screw coming loose, I certainly don't want to unscrew it to look at it. It's fitting tight now with no problem. Best to leave well enough alone. Or, are you talking about a different screw?

(Mine has a flathead BTW, Guess I'm good with the new screw/pin/axle).


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Dynabar 2010 Models
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:42 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2002 1:00 am
Posts: 1497
Location: PASA Level III Instructor FL- OBX - MI - the world
Windrider wrote:
robertovillate wrote:
Windrider wrote:
So, I can tell by seeing either a flat head or an allen wrench head on the screw? (I don't want to have to loosen it to see... cuz right now it's not unscrewing by itself....)


you don't see the differences in the threads in that photo? I would say if it's an allen head it's the old pin.

'Course I can see the threading is different. But, the screw you are talking about is being used as an axle for the plastic sleeve that acts as roller (or should act as a roller anyway). Right? The plastic roller is covering up the body of the screw. If there is a potential problem of the screw coming loose, I certainly don't want to unscrew it to look at it. It's fitting tight now with no problem. Best to leave well enough alone. Or, are you talking about a different screw?

(Mine has a flathead BTW, Guess I'm good with the new screw/pin/axle).


Right.

That's the only screw...period. Again, if it's the slotted flat head I would bet it's the new version and you should have little concern. If you tighten it sufficieently I seriously doubt it will loosen...and it would have to back out several turns to completely release...which would be very visible.

The pin is designed to be removable so you can replace the plastic roller. I usually supply 2 extra rollers with each bar, and have additional spares as well. Go ahead and loosen the screw and have a look...hit it with some WD40 if it's binding for some reason. If you want to be extra precautious hit it with some Loctite when you reinsert.


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Erik_B, Google [Bot] and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group