Rare Poster
Gear: hq beamer 3m
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

new uk member

Postby jakemorries » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:36 pm

hi every one how you doing??

i have always wanted to have a go power kiting for years but never had the courage haha also i have never really had much luck at flying kites which is annoying cos any other sport i can pick up and get on ok.

i brought a small power kite 1m 20 to learn how to fly a kite also to try and show my 3yr old daughter how to do it, (which turns out she is a lot of better than me haha).any way i loved it but i wanted bigger haha needed more rush.
in the end i spoke to some one i know who owns a kite shop as a hobby and sold me a mk4 hq beamer 3m.

i have been out today with it for first time and at first i had a nightmare with the break lines i think it may be to tight also was not much wind but i couldnt wait any longer to fly it. i eventually got it up and it was amazing and now i cant wait till next time.

any tips or advice would be great as i have only been out once so dont know to much only what i have read in instruction book

thanks alot
jake

JET
Rare Poster
Gear: 9m Waroo , brunotti onyx
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: new uk memeber

Postby JET » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:06 pm

hey i dont know whereabouts you are in the uk but im around the east mids and i frequently fly at air boss world in loughborough . i have only been kiting for a year so i dont know many other places sorry but i hope that might help :D
Jake

Return to “Kitesurfing”