Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Koch and Bridge win North American Course Racing Continental

Postby Toby » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:05 pm

IKA News:

Koch and Bridge win North American Course Racing Continentals

No more wind for more races, this means Adam Koch (USA) walking away with the event victory and the title of the North American Course Racing Championships.

In the womens fleet, Steph Bridge (GBR) wins the event, but the title goes to Melissa Gil (USA). Congratulations !

It has been an exciting week in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Changing winds allowed for a total of nine races with one discard, and the result in the mens fleet shows how close the racing was. Adam Koch and Bruno Sroka (FRA) are tied in points, and Koch wins due to better scores. Damien LeRoy, with three bullets on the last windy day, only one point behind.

In the womens fleet the result became pretty clear quickly, with Steph Bridge taking one victory after the other. In second and third then, again tied in points, Melissa Gil and Sandy Parker (USA), with the better end for Gil.

All eyes are set now to the upcoming first PKRA tour stop in Thailand, and of course the 2010 Course Racing World Championship end of April in Corpus Christi, Texas.

PeterP
Medium Poster
Gear: Airush
Brand Affiliation: Sales Manager Airush Kiteboarding
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Koch and Bridge win North American Course Racing Continental

Postby PeterP » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:28 pm

Interesting - I see they are using IKA "low-point" scoring as Damein Leroy would have won if they had used PKRA rulebook (as PKRA gives 2 discards as opposed to IKA's 1).

First PKRA courserace is next week and they need to decide what rules they want to use as I'm told they intend using the PKRA rulebook although PKRA's own rules state they use IKA. Yes - I know it sounds confusing.

The idea of IKA is fine - a uniform set of rules - but it seems the different bodies still insist on using their own rules and then it starts getting messy. Especially if, as in PKRA's case, their own rules refer to one set of rules but is using another........

PKRA needs to come clean and declare categorically what rules they intend using prior to event.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: Koch and Bridge win North American Course Racing Continental

Postby Toby » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:17 am