PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:38 pm 
Medium Poster

Attachment:
02.jpg
02.jpg [ 61.12 KIB | Viewed 559 times ]

Attachment:
03.jpg
03.jpg [ 53.91 KIB | Viewed 559 times ]

My first impression is the “2 & 1” design of the Aboard is more aimed for downhill snowboarding instead of snow kiting. But I knew I was mistaken the first time I took it out behind a kite. The flexibility is what makes the Aboard such a smooth ride while snow kiting. With a full wood core design, I am amazed at how much the Aboard can twist and flex and yet has a great response and a “springy” feel.
Attachment:
11.JPG
11.JPG [ 70.27 KIB | Viewed 559 times ]

I am happy with the centered stance of the Aboard, and 52-68cm provides a lot of stance options for those who like a wide/tight stance. I think the board is a tad bit narrow and could use a little more width. My boots tend to drag both on the heel/toe (I have big feet).
Attachment:
16.JPG
16.JPG [ 47.9 KIB | Viewed 559 times ]

Overall I give the Aboard an 8 out of 10. I think Aboards came up with a solid kite Snowboard that does not excel at any one thing, but is a great “all around” board for everything from park, freestyle, and free riding. I personally do not ride lifts anymore after discovering snow kiting. Maybe in the future I would like to see an Aboard with less side cut radius on the heel side edge, or even reverse camber.

-Matty

Attachments:
12.JPG
12.JPG [ 75.85 KIB | Viewed 559 times ]
27.jpg
27.jpg [ 47.11 KIB | Viewed 559 times ]
{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 [ 1 post ]