Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

ABoards Kite Snowboard Pics&Review

Postby sol-flyer » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:38 pm

02.jpg
02.jpg (61.12 KiB) Viewed 1060 times
03.jpg
03.jpg (53.91 KiB) Viewed 1060 times
My first impression is the “2 & 1” design of the Aboard is more aimed for downhill snowboarding instead of snow kiting. But I knew I was mistaken the first time I took it out behind a kite. The flexibility is what makes the Aboard such a smooth ride while snow kiting. With a full wood core design, I am amazed at how much the Aboard can twist and flex and yet has a great response and a “springy” feel.
11.JPG
11.JPG (70.27 KiB) Viewed 1060 times
I am happy with the centered stance of the Aboard, and 52-68cm provides a lot of stance options for those who like a wide/tight stance. I think the board is a tad bit narrow and could use a little more width. My boots tend to drag both on the heel/toe (I have big feet).
16.JPG
16.JPG (47.9 KiB) Viewed 1060 times
Overall I give the Aboard an 8 out of 10. I think Aboards came up with a solid kite Snowboard that does not excel at any one thing, but is a great “all around” board for everything from park, freestyle, and free riding. I personally do not ride lifts anymore after discovering snow kiting. Maybe in the future I would like to see an Aboard with less side cut radius on the heel side edge, or even reverse camber.

-Matty
Attachments
12.JPG
12.JPG (75.85 KiB) Viewed 1060 times
27.jpg
27.jpg (47.11 KiB) Viewed 1060 times

Return to “Reviews”