Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

KB4girls adds New York to the 2010 World Tour event calendar

Postby Toby » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:01 am

KB4girls adds New York to the 2010 World Tour event calendar

Calling all girls in NY: KB4girls announces event for beginner and advanced kite girls alike

TAMPA/LONDON/PERTH, April, 8th 2010: Huge demand from female kiteboarders on the east coast of the United States has prompted KB4girls to add another event to the 2010 World Tour schedule. Various locations were considered but the NY area stood out so a KB4grils clinic in Montauk/NY will be staged on September 17-18.

This NY clinic will be very special not only for its prestigious Long Island location. This will be the first KB4girls event opened up also to kiteboarders who are new to the sport, thus encouraging even more female participation. Pro rider Laurel Eastman and World Champion Kristin Boese will focus on teaching some amazing new tricks to advanced riders while additional trainers will be brought in to cater for beginner riders and teach the skills they need to get up and ride.

KB4girls organizer Kristin Boese says: “To give women new to the sport a chance to try kiteboarding in the KB4girls events is one of my visions for the tour and I am more than excited to see exactly this happening at the New York clinic. It is going to be great to see those girls who already kite and the ones new to the sport joined in one event and to have them feed off each other’s successes.

“I am especially sure that this is going to be a fantastic event as three amazing women have agreed to support the event and help in putting it up. To have Laurel Eastman, Linda Argilla and Jessica Valenzuela on board is just great and I am very much looking forward to holding this event together with them.”

Eastman, owner of LEK Kiteboarding, says: “Joining my dear friend and kiteboarding inspiration Kristin and her KB4Girls tour is an absolute must for me. Over the past nine years we have worked together to promote women in kiteboarding and this tour is a huge achievement and milestone. New York is the closest tour stop to my home base of Cabarete, Dominican Republic, and I can't wait to be there and help share my passion for this awesome sport with all the NY area women.”

Without the support of local female kiteboarders Jessica Valenzuela and Linda Argilla, the event would not be possible. These two will not only support the event through media work and by spreading the word but also through their companies by raising donations and funds to make possible the staging of such an amazing event for the females in NY. In addition Justkiteit.com recently became KB4girls’ media partner for North America and the NY clinic will be a first joint project.

Jessica Valenzuela, founder of Justkiteit.com, says: "My journey into kiteboarding began in July 2009. It is true, once a kiter, always a kiter. I have not looked back. Since sharing my new-found passion in kiteboarding through the social networks, I have discovered New York women who are curious enough to try to learn the sport. Napeague is a great kite spot and will be a great place to host the first KB4Girls in New York. Plus, Montauk is a great summer spot any New Yorker enjoys. I'm beyond thrilled that Kristin Boese's KB4Girls is hosting a kite camp in New York this year and that Just Kite It can help support her efforts to make the sport more accessible for women."

Further support has come from Erika Vives, first-time kiteboarder and NYC publicist. She says: "As a beginner, KB4girls offers the perfect laid back environment to learn and take chances and the female camaraderie will surely motivate me to push myself further - not to mention the opportunity to learn from the best kiters in the business."

Linda Argilla, Professional Fundraiser and organizer of the acquainted ARTrageous event, says: "Kiting has helped me in all areas of my life therefore I am very passionate about the sport so I signed on to support KB4girls to raise awareness and encourage women (of all ages) to triumph in their lives and get involved." For more info about Argilla’s work and to support her cause see www.artrageousevent.com

Spots for the KB4girls clinic in NY are limited to 20 only, so secure your spot and register now at: http://www.kb4girls.com/events/usa-ny.html

###

Initial schedule for the KB4girls Tour:
Kahului, Hawaii / April 9th -11th, 2010
El Gouna, Egypt / May 18th - 20th, 2010
St. Pere Pescador, Spain / May 28th - 30th, 2010
San Francisco Bay Area, US / June 19th - 20th, 2010
Fischland, Germany / August 20th - 22nd, 2010
Malmo, Sweden / August 28th - 29th, 2010
Hood River, USA / September 4th, 2010
Montauk/NY, USA / September 17th-18th, 2010
Lancing, UK / October 1st - 3rd, 2010
Attachments