vegasrider
Medium Poster
Local Beach: St. Peter Ording
Brand Affiliation: North
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Race/long distance WTF ?!

Postby vegasrider » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:09 pm

I prefer airtime as well, but there is nothing wrong with the guys that want to battle it out in racing !

Whats wrong with all the guys that are so ignorant against the other facets of our sport - why is everyone thinking only his "style" is the true kiting stuff ? All this war between oldschool, wakestyle, dangling, kite low/high, and now racing.

Why not let everybody do what he wants ?

AdamKoch
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Where I'm at... At the time I guess?
Favorite Beaches: Where there is wind and I happen to be.
Style: You tell me?
Gear: Ozone Edge, Aguera CR custom, Da Kine accessories, Team Fluid fins

Re: RACE/long distance WTF ?!

Postby AdamKoch » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:03 pm

ronnie wrote:
crazy Horse wrote:I can understand the idea of kitecross but could some of you explain me emotions and sense of racing/long distance?!

Yo lets start on my super, hiper pro race board, that was even unseen by the shpaer ;) and i will kick your asses going 3 deggres better upwind and 4 knots faster, then the rest........uuuu nobody crossed their lines, pitty, maybe next time.

or

Yeah, come on let's go for 50km, 25 each tack and then laying for 2days, craying about "broken" legs.

*For speed i have no words :(

I can hardlu understand that it's made for amateurs and older guys, but shouldn't they chose other disicipline like sailing, witch is much more safer for them?
Because the young guys, ok they do it only for titles or money, shame.

There are some sports that are freestyle sports: skateboard, skate, snowboard and 99,9 of people don't even think about racing.

In the beginning i thought kite is suhch a sport, butu now a days i don't know if i should laugh or cry sometimes?
Hope it's a matter of time and we will forget about it and only few people will stay into

Waiting for your opinions...

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby sq225917 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:21 pm

I've nothing against any type of competition, they are all equally valid. If you think one or other format is more 'valid' than another, don't worry about it, you'll grow out of being narrow minded and short sighted as you get older.

Things like 'what's fashionable?' become less important, funnily enough I've never been that interested in being told what to like and what to dislike by someone else.

It's great to see new things, styles and forms develop, but just because someone values something above something else doesn't make it any more valid in reality.

kakanala
Frequent Poster

Postby kakanala » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:36 pm

sq225917 wrote:I've nothing against any type of competition, they are all equally valid. If you think one or other format is more 'valid' than another, don't worry about it, you'll grow out of being narrow minded and short sighted as you get older.

Things like 'what's fashionable?' become less important, funnily enough I've never been that interested in being told what to like and what to dislike by someone else.

It's great to see new things, styles and forms develop, but just because someone values something above something else doesn't make it any more valid in reality.
Amen to that :thumb:

bbong02
Rare Poster
Local Beach: TX

Postby bbong02 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:00 pm

This post is Crazy Horse's desperate cry for attention. All he really wanted to do was post some pictures of himself and have people notice them. Did your mommy not give you enough attention? :baby:

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:07 pm

Maybe he was put on the bottle too soon?

Return to “Kitesurfing”