Gear: Pro-limit wetsuit
Dakine arness
North 10mts Rebel 08
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Nobile NHP 2010 Board - Any reviews?

Postby esganmoro » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:46 am

Hi. I weight 90kgr and ride from 13 to 35+ knots. Some choppy, some flat, some waves.....etc. I saw this board on the net and love it. I'm actually using a slingshot lunacy 135 2010, but it's too flat so my face gets fully sprayed of water. Also it seems to be to hard (rigid) for me.
What do you think?

Dr_Rosen
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Nobile NHP 2010 Board - Any reviews?

Postby Dr_Rosen » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:10 am

esganmoro wrote:Hi. I weight 90kgr and ride from 13 to 35+ knots. Some choppy, some flat, some waves.....etc. I saw this board on the net and love it. I'm actually using a slingshot lunacy 135 2010, but it's too flat so my face gets fully sprayed of water. Also it seems to be to hard (rigid) for me.
What do you think?
Something here
http://www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/topi ... C_ID=64381

naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Holland
Spain
Danemark
France
Favorite Beaches: everywhere at the seaside, where it is allowed to kite
Style: cruising& wave
Gear: Airush Sector 54 V5, Cypher5'8 active, compact 5'6, Compact5'5 active, Limit Waves custom 5'6
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5
Brand Affiliation: none

Re: NOBILE NHP 2010 BOARD - Any reviews?

Postby naishdude » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:41 am

esganmoro wrote:Hi. I weight 90kgr and ride from 13 to 35+ knots. Some choppy, some flat, some waves.....etc. I saw this board on the net and love it. I'm actually using a slingshot lunacy 135 2010, but it's too flat so my face gets fully sprayed of water. Also it seems to be to hard (rigid) for me.
What do you think?
Get it..no splash , very soft drive due to concave channels, good rocker which does not influence the upwind ability, very good in chop waves flat water...I have ridden the 131 X 40 I have the 134 x 42 ( 83kg) in combination with a wave directional.
The Nobile NHP is one of the best boards they have ever made.
Hope this helps a bit
Frank

esganmoro
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Playa Union - Chubut Argentina
Favorite Beaches: Playa Union
Puerto Madryn
Puerto Piramides
Style: Freestyle
Dakine arness
North 10mts Rebel 08

Postby esganmoro » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:32 pm

Thanks man! It helps a lot. B´cause recently i bought a slingshot lunacy 135 and i found myself fucked... It´s not what i thought it would be.
Do you think i should go for 134x42 or 137x44? TKS

exkites
Medium Poster
Favorite Beaches: All if there is wind...
Gear: Slingshot Fuel
board: Balance - Alvaro

Postby exkites » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:18 pm

Go for 137! that board got quite big rocker.

esganmoro
Medium Poster
Puerto Madryn
Puerto Piramides
Dakine arness
North 10mts Rebel 08

Postby esganmoro » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:25 am

I'm very interested on the board, but i don't know if i should go for the 134 or 137......advices pleaseee

naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Spain
Danemark
France
Gear: Airush Sector 54 V5, Cypher5'8 active, compact 5'6, Compact5'5 active, Limit Waves custom 5'6
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5

Postby naishdude » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:08 pm

esganmoro wrote:I'm very interested on the board, but i don't know if i should go for the 134 or 137......advices pleaseee
Try to test both...it all depends in what wind you will use it.

I have with 83 kg, been trying the 131x40...with an 11m Ozone C4 I guess the wind was like 13 knots this was the ultimate minimum for me and the board it worked, but I had to work with it.

Now I have myself the 134 x 42 this will be with my weight ( 83kg) a board for which I will take with my Zephyr ( 17M) at 13 knots when the wind is too much for the big kite and my 6'1 directional.

On the other hand I will use it when the condition are so with my 12 and 8m Ozone catalyst, when it is only choppy and the directional starts bounching itself to death..in the waves it will be the directional.
So all depending your windrange and your weight...The Nobile website says you should take it one number bigger than you would normally, so if you want to use it in lightwind conditions you will need the biggest In your case if you take the biggest and the 131 you are settled for every windcondition, but all in all I find this is the best baord they have ever made! Smooth perfect carving in waves !
Hope this gets you going
Frank

esganmoro
Medium Poster
Puerto Madryn
Puerto Piramides
Dakine arness
North 10mts Rebel 08

Postby esganmoro » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:48 pm

Ok. But the problem is that the board is going to be my only board quiver. And i´m gonna use it on every condition from 12 to 35+ knots in some flat, mostly choppy conditions and a bit of waves too.
I think i should go for the 137 but as i{m not able to try them first :angryfire: :angryfire: i don´t want to then feel it too bigg. :o
Thanks for your help!

naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Spain
Danemark
France
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5

Postby naishdude » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:57 pm

esganmoro wrote:Ok. But the problem is that the board is going to be my only board quiver. And i´m gonna use it on every condition from 12 to 35+ knots in some flat, mostly choppy conditions and a bit of waves too.
I think i should go for the 137 but as i{m not able to try them first :angryfire: :angryfire: i don´t want to then feel it too bigg. :o
Thanks for your help!
I would choose the 134X42....you will loose a bit in its lowend...depending on the kite,..but you can go all the way up once you get powered enough...althoough it is difficult for me to say...you have around 10 kg more which is making huge differences.
Do not forget the 137 is 44CM wide!

just make up your mind if it is going to be a one board solution...whether you wanna give in on lightwind with the 134 or you are struggling with the pretty wide board in the high winds...which kind of wind you are mostly kiting or with which kite.

Good luck!!
Frank

Dr_Rosen
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dr_Rosen » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:14 am

esganmoro wrote:Ok. But the problem is that the board is going to be my only board quiver. And i´m gonna use it on every condition from 12 to 35+ knots in some flat, mostly choppy conditions and a bit of waves too.
Thanks for your help!
Did you decide on the size?

Return to “Reviews”