All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Flysurfer mixer test question
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:38 am 
Rare Poster

Hi all, and especially the Flysurfer experts out there.

I recently did my first “mixer test” on my 19m Flysurfer Speed 2. B and C lines (the ones with pulleys on them) were tight, A and Z loose -- even when I lengthened B and C to the full extent. So eventually I removed one of the “spare part lines” (the yellow lines that go through the pulleys on B and C) and measured it against a new replacement "spare part line" and found the old one was 12 cm shorter than the new one.

I presume my old "spare part lines" have shrunk (other posts indicate these particular lines shrink with age, unlike most of the kite's lines which stretch). But my "spare part lines" don't look worn out at all -- no fraying or fading. The kite is about nine months old (used frequently though).

The kite is flying OK with the old ones in, even if the mixer looks out of whack. Should I just leave well enough alone or should I replace the spare part lines? Or can I save some cash by stretching the old lines or something?

Thanks!

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Flysurfer mixer test question
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:54 am 
Very Frequent Poster

ask in www.foilzone.com , they should answer u faster? as there are a bunch of FS riders there.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:15 pm 
Frequent Poster

That the sparepartlines shrink, is normal. They're made under tension. But that they still like new, sound strange to me. When they are old, they become grey.
Are you sure you did the mixertest the right way?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:20 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Are you sure you are comparing the right lines?

The B sparepart line is 120cm and the C-spare part line is 100cm..

Double check them again.

If they have shrunk that much I would recommend changing them.

Also to dramatically increase sparepart line life regularly spray them with SailKote by McLube.
Same thing with the pullies.

SailKote is a dry lubricant specifically formulated for Sail Cloth, lines and rigging hardware.

Sounds like you have put many hours on the kite so it would be a good idea to change the pullies too.

Here is a litle video to show you how get the new pullies on. Can be tricky to figure out, but it's real simple if you know the trick:

[ 4 posts ]