kcsurf
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Fin dilemma...

Postby kcsurf » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:26 am

Hey guys-

Looking forward to getting out on the water tomorrow afternoon. Flying in tomorrow morning and I am kinda intimidated by all of the practice that everyone is getting but still excited. I have been kiting in 8-12 in the last week but nothing over 15 so it sounds like I will have a rude awakening with the mogul sized chop I am hearing about. I am still trying to figure out what fins I will eventually use- below is a good pic I took over at Curtis' shop. So many choices so little time. For me I haven't had enough time to practice to really know what the eff I'm doing. Last year I had a day and a half of practice on a new board, this time it looks like I've had a week and a half of practice on a new board. The new board definitely is superior to the old one. I've gotten really good in the super light win with monster fins. I haven't tried the 3-fin set up yet but I hear its popular with some people. I am planning after this race to keep the momentum going and travel to other kite race competitions. I would love to hear which other events you are interested in doing. It's too bad to hear that some of the guys from Europe can't make it. We need as many people at these events as possible. Here's another pic of the evolution of my race boards...

KC
kite 12 015.JPG
kite 12 010.JPG

borist
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Fin dilemma...

Postby borist » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:28 pm

KC, looking at your new board, what is the deal with the front foot straps? do you have more than two or is there just something temporarily laying on top? good luck at the races

mossman
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: http://oceanrodeo.com/kiting , www.bellinghamkiteboarding.com
Quality Gear , Great Prices
Been thanked: 0

Re: Fin dilemma...

Postby mossman » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:06 am

KC nice to see your still riding

Return to “Kitesurfing”