Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

C4 vs SP-X

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
BLACKJACK
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Brighton
Favorite Beaches: I love them all
Style: Old school
Gear: CORE GT kites,Flysurfer Speed 3, Ocean Rodeo Makos ,Flyradicals and HP Spleene Rip.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

C4 vs SP-X

Postby BLACKJACK » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:54 am

Hi all,I dont think I will get much response to this but perhaps someone had the chance to compare these kites, Im going to switch from my current Delta - Core GT to C shape kites and those two are my only choice, cos Im not going to demo either I have to gather as much info as poss.There is plenty on C4 but much less on SP .
If I pick C4 I have to go with 2m bigger kite than 10.5 CORE, that is 13m its huge kite for 80 kg rider what puts me off a bit, I could be wrong but it looks that SP has better low end I could get 12m as my light wind kite and use it in combo with AR SECTOR 52 from 10 knots up.
The other point of intrest is turnning speed, GT is not too bad speed wise(only up to 10,5m size,anything bigger turns like a tractor)and Id like to make sure I get the faster kite of those two,also in smaller size of 9m, that I will get as high wind kite- up to 35 knots thats.
I belive both kites are made very well and bars are on par as well, any feedback much appreciated.

kazi
Medium Poster

Re: C4 vs SP-X

Postby kazi » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:47 pm

Have you considered the RPM?

R a i n e r
Frequent Poster

Postby R a i n e r » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:51 am

'Don't know anything about the C4 but the SP-X in 12m turns faster/better than any 9m kite I've ever tried - amazing!

spleene2000
Rare Poster
Local Beach: la marina
Style: all
Gear: Spleene Q 12,0 -9-7 Rip ht 135 -zonee
Brand Affiliation: spleene

Postby spleene2000 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:14 am

Just see how works the spx 12 m2 8)

BLACKJACK
Medium Poster
Gear: CORE GT kites,Flysurfer Speed 3, Ocean Rodeo Makos ,Flyradicals and HP Spleene Rip.

Postby BLACKJACK » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:28 am

Its nice video, but to say the truth similar stuff can be done with majority of current kites if you have right riders and conditions.

BLACKJACK
Medium Poster

Postby BLACKJACK » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:56 am

Hi Rainer-not the one from Spleene did you have the chance to test the low end of 12 m, according to Spleene its 8 knots it would put it on par with CORE GT that has great low end, unforunatelly 12m CORE turns like a tractor what makes it no, no for average weight rider from what you said previously SPX 12m turns unreal if it has bottom end to match I cant wait to start riding these kites :D

R a i n e r
Frequent Poster

Postby R a i n e r » Mon May 03, 2010 10:12 pm

BLACKJACK wrote:Hi Rainer-not the one from Spleene did you have the chance to test the low end of 12 m, according to Spleene its 8 knots it would put it on par with CORE GT that has great low end, unforunatelly 12m CORE turns like a tractor what makes it no, no for average weight rider from what you said previously SPX 12m turns unreal if it has bottom end to match I cant wait to start riding these kites :D
Sorry for answering so late - I'm not online too often here.
I'm honest: My only experience with the 12m SP-X has been 2 hours in something 'round 10 knots - sometimes more, sometimes less. So, you can sure call it light wind / low end.
The secret of this kite is its mobility! This helps you at the low end side same as for all other aspects of kitesurfing like jumping, waves, etc. The 12m SP-X is everything but a hard-to-turn tractor!

Take care!
Rainer (not the one from Spleene, but now proud owner of a 12m SP-X :thumb: )

BLACKJACK
Medium Poster

Postby BLACKJACK » Tue May 04, 2010 11:08 am

Hi Rainer, its never too late ,its not a bakery afterall just kiteforum.
10 knots sounds great if I can achieve that Iwill be happy even on such big board as Flyradical L 139*43, probably around 13 knots I would be able to switch to my primary board HT 132, Spleene of course.
The problem is you didnt have much time on this kite, perhaps you will alter your opinnion down the track, looking forward to some more feedback from you later on, I still have time to make up my mind,so far I eliminated RPM, C4 sounds like awsome kite ,but low end is not quite there, so if CORE will not come up with C shape very soon, SPLEENE will be the only option afterall.
By the way what is your weight- you sound like 78kg guy :?:

b0jangl3
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Barkers. South Sound
Gear: Freak Dog/EH
Brand Affiliation: Freak Dog/EH/Ozone/Aboards/Brunotti/Dakine

Postby b0jangl3 » Tue May 04, 2010 11:37 am

well as the Q kite was not developed by them ... just a bought patent ... you may find that the SPX is the same ... and may just well be the same kite as the C4 ... :-)

btw ... I ride the C4 ... by far one of the best kites I have ever had.

B

naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Holland
Spain
Danemark
France
Favorite Beaches: everywhere at the seaside, where it is allowed to kite
Style: cruising& wave
Gear: Airush Sector 54 V5, Cypher5'8 active, compact 5'6, Compact5'5 active, Limit Waves custom 5'6
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby naishdude » Tue May 04, 2010 12:13 pm

b0jangl3 wrote:well as the Q kite was not developed by them ... just a bought patent ... you may find that the SPX is the same ... and may just well be the same kite as the C4 ... :-)

btw ... I ride the C4 ... by far one of the best kites I have ever had.

B
Spleene seems to look like a copy cat...look at the Q which looked pretty much as a Fone delta
Then their foil an ?improved? copy of FS flysurfer speed? and now this looks like a nice mixture from RPM/C4. And now the comments are gonna be look at the details and every kite looks the same...but here it is a bit too obvious to MY opinion...and I am open to any reaction and or cirtisism, I just express what I think..and see and make up my mind from

Return to “Reviews”