KS #4 - "Not My Problem...Yet"

Forum for kitesurfers
Freerider
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Freerider » Mon Jul 15, 2002 2:23 pm

Sorry Johnny i think you got the wrong idea! If we were to see a guy new to the area we would go and talk to him first before taking such action i am not saying that it is a good idea but i would rather that he or she would not go out, no matter what your ability things can still go wrong and if you feel the need to go out in 40 kts than thats up to you, but always asses the place for possibly obstractions and people it only takes ONE accident to stop everyone from enjoying themselves!!
No matter how good you think you are there is always someone who thinks they ride better than anyone else the tend to be the first in the hands of the paramedics! Your a long time dead!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Freerider on 2002-07-15 15:26 ]</font>

rickster
Rare Poster

Postby rickster » Mon Jul 15, 2002 3:33 pm

Cheers for some of the advie guys.
Lots of people about so will try out landing and packing up on my own, never know when you'll need to.

As for cutting peoples lines, well have just recently started kitesurfing but have used powerfull kites for many years. I do not advise anyone to go and cut someone elses lines. If someones doing something that bad ring the old bill (police). Please dont ever cut my lines, you'll wish you hadn't anyway ... unless you can come up with £40 pretty quick !!! (like instantly) (o yeah, and im a nice guy !!!)

Rickster - stay cool peeps, theres ass holes everywhere......

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Mon Jul 15, 2002 3:52 pm

I am aware of one case in Florida in which the launch permit holder cut an out of control and indifferent riders lines. He then handed the guy a package of replacement lines and told him not to return to this launch. So this might be one approach however the possibility of having to deal with the police is still pretty strong. How about using Stinger missles on the kites, hmmmm?

Rick Iossi

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby murdoc » Mon Jul 15, 2002 4:42 pm

how shall i approach a 230lbs 7' guy in a bad mood ?

i know a guy who nearly got beaten up cause he tried to permit a guy stronger than him starting his kite in a freakin' dangerous situation ...

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Mon Jul 15, 2002 4:50 pm

There is added strength and conviction in numbers, so bring your friends. Many problem riders are that way because of ego issues. Try to use that tendency to your advantage, not to start a physical fight. Keeping it cool and convincing is the best way to try to go as possible. Riders will sometimes ignore you and go to it for better or worse. Then again you will get through to some riders. With time hopefully the wishes and things that will benefit the majority will start to govern. Until then I would avoid tackling 7 ft.tall out of control kiteboarders.

Rick Iossi

Return to “Kitesurfing”