Soleas
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Style: BIG AIR
Gear: Epic Screamer, Flysurfer Soul
Brand Affiliation: Epickites Cyprus Rep/Rider, Kiteflex team rider

Re: Epic Screamer Full Review, Videos, Pics, & Discussion

Postby Soleas » Wed May 05, 2010 7:13 pm

Today I had a couple of hours on the 9m Renegade and I agree, probably the most balanced kites in the market. It's aimed for waveriding and allround and thats exactly what it does.
I liked the fact that it turns in a nice smooth arc with same speed as it was flying straight and had a nice steady pull everytime you turn. Very smooth kite and very solid in the air, makes gusts feel like they are in slow motion.
I was surprised by the jumps, the Renegade jumps high but not with the hangtime of the Screamer. I tried a kiteloop thinking the Renegade would be milder on my knee but I was pulled pretty hard ! I wasnt expecting that kind of pull :o ( dont worry Dimitri, my knee is still in one piece :D )

The Renegade rocks, I liked it a lot.

Although it jumps well I was missing my 10m Screamer hangtime. This kite has insane hangtime and flies very fast.

Here's a first look on the Screamers I flown couple of days ago

viewtopic.php?t=2364231&p=649731

grantman54
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby grantman54 » Thu May 06, 2010 6:31 pm

Now that I have had some time on both my 9m and 12m. I thought I would compare them.

The 12m obviously has more hang. But I find the 9m has better pop. You can edge it real hard and get a good load with speed. The 12m still pulls you up as much, which is a ton, just in a smoother manner.

The 12m of course is a bit slower, but I never have to wait on it. It goes exactly where you want it to.

Both kites you can drop into the window for some good pull, but the 12m likes to stay there longer.

Both loop really good.

The 12m is a bit difficult to relaunch in winds below 15mph. A 9m waroo and 9m cult were super hard to relaunch at the time too. (light wind at the end of the day) To solve this I would recommend reverse launching. It is my favorite way to relaunch. Good little thrill, cool style, doesn't drag the kite through the surf, and works great if you have O'shits on your bar. (epic bar does)

I'll keep updating this thread as I get to know the kites more. Feel free to ask questions.

pdkite
Frequent Poster
Style: balls to the wall. don't hold back
Gear: 2006 Airush Lift 10m and 12m
2007 Liquid Force Recoil 130 x 39

Postby pdkite » Fri May 07, 2010 3:30 am

grantman54 wrote:
Both loop really good.

Feel free to ask questions.

explain please.

hooked/unhooked? does it not drop you out of the sky, does it recover well, grunty loops or pussy loops, pivoted or arc style. you loopin it high up in the window gettin like 1 foot of air or doing full out massive fat loops

what are your thoughts on this.

oh and ya i dolike a bit of power in my kite when i miss the bar (like my ckites), but was unclear - i meant on the safety line (the "mini fifth") how it still pulls like a truck kinda sucks balls,considering its a safety line.

PS - Dimitri yer a douchebag

grantman54
Very Frequent Poster

Postby grantman54 » Fri May 07, 2010 6:49 am

pdkite-
I am not even going to respond to you. Please leave this thread.

If anyone else wants me to elaborate on my comments please feel free to ask. I am learning more about the performance of the kites every day. (I am kiting almost daily right now)

magnus_norway
Medium Poster
Gear: Slingshot RPM 10
Cabrinha XBow 7
Cabrinha Switchblade 12
Slingshot Lunacy 129
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby magnus_norway » Fri May 07, 2010 8:12 am

Come on, give the guy a break... I don't think his responses on this thread is WAY out there, only maybe a little bit hostile :D You can choose what you wanna respond to or not, but wanting him to leave the thread I think is a bit harsh...

Either way, in my opinion, Epic is one of the most pimped kite brands on this forum right now. So for me, personally, I would like some more info on how the kite actually performs, not just post after post talking about how it is the best kite in every aspect... When it is said to be a good kite for looping, I would like to know how it loops, if it pivots or turns off the wingtip. Also if the bar does not have a total flagging option, I think this is an important safety issue to address.

I mean no disrespect, these kites are probably really good since so many people like them, and I would like to try them out one day. But still, I think it would do the brand more good if you tell us why and how it excels, not just the normal PR BS...

Regards.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Fri May 07, 2010 11:57 am

Hello "magnus_norway",
Can you please get in touch with me via email and I will put you in touch with some shops I have in Norway so you can test the kite and let people know what you think about the kites, good or bad. But I am very confident that you are going to really enjoy the kites and you will realized that it is all true what people say about the kites after trying them.
All I am asking is to try them and you will find out. Why they are all excited about these kites.

magnus_norway
Medium Poster
Gear: Slingshot RPM 10
Cabrinha XBow 7
Cabrinha Switchblade 12
Slingshot Lunacy 129
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby magnus_norway » Fri May 07, 2010 12:11 pm

For sure, it's always good to try out new kites. E-mail's on its way... Can you say something about how the kite loops/turns? Does it pivot around its center or does it turn around its wingtip, more like traditional C-kites?

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Fri May 07, 2010 12:31 pm

When people come to the beach and tell me: "I heard so many good things about this kite can I try them. What type of kite is it, C kite, Bow kite...?"
My response is: TRY IT AND LET ME KNOW WHAT TYPE OF KITE IT IS. As a C kiter I think you are going to love this kite. Can't tell you more until you try it.
So you know I love C kites.
I don't want to say much but I hope some one else on this post can answer your questions about how they turn.
Waiting for your email to let you know more about your questions on how they turn. :thumb:

pdkite
Frequent Poster
Style: balls to the wall. don't hold back
Gear: 2006 Airush Lift 10m and 12m
2007 Liquid Force Recoil 130 x 39

Postby pdkite » Fri May 07, 2010 1:56 pm

grantman54 wrote:pdkite-
I am not even going to respond to you. Please leave this thread.

If anyone else wants me to elaborate on my comments please feel free to ask. I am learning more about the performance of the kites every day. (I am kiting almost daily right now)
thanks bud. i even asked nicely.

i asked a legit question about how it loops, cause in my test i didn't loop it much and i want to hear a second opinion.

whoops did i call your jerkoff hero a douchebag you lil choad

shit i hope i'm not being to hostile for not liking a kite :cool2:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Fri May 07, 2010 2:20 pm

Yes please can we hear a second opinion from some one about how the kite Loops????
This will be good for the SCREAMER and the RENEGADE.
I know the answer but wanted to know from different customers.

Thank you for your time.

P.S. Pdkite,
Maybe you should try the kite again and see how it performs in the LOOPS. But hold on to your pants :thumb:

Return to “Reviews”