Brand Affiliation: Epic
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New brand Epic kites

Postby thierrydehove » Sun May 16, 2010 1:37 am

Hi Guys
Just came back from Cape Hatteras where the wind was strong and perfect
I met Dimitri Maramenides who gave me the change to try his new brand: Epic

we have tried the Renegade and Screamer in 30/40 knots and it was a great surprise to fly, ride and jump with these Kites...

Amazing quality, unique design... soon I will tell you more about the shapes and capacity of them but please you have to try them

Have a great week end
Thierry
http://www.tropical-paradise-kitesurfing.com

grantman54
Very Frequent Poster

Re: NEW BRAND EPIC KITES

Postby grantman54 » Sun May 16, 2010 2:07 am

I don't want to sound like a pansie but you were riding a 9m and 7m in 30-40knots?!? I would want a 6m or smaller in that much wind. Thats nuts.

prayfawind27
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Blu hill, Coral harbour(in front of the little key) Go Slow, Club Med
Favorite Beaches: kite beach Cabarete , Crondon Park Miami
Style: Free style
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby prayfawind27 » Sun May 16, 2010 2:11 am

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2360987

No disrespect, but,come on dude!! not again, we already have one of these, you're post on the forum over 100 times,so i'm sure you've seen this topic many times, why start a new one?
besides that, you have to weigh a shit load to right a 9m in 40k?

jcbua
Medium Poster

Postby jcbua » Sun May 16, 2010 3:13 am

I have to agree along the same lines. Nearly 60 pages on another similiarly titled thread.. Have to wonder, unless this kite cures cancer or something, is there really that much more to say?

thierrydehove
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Anguilla BWI
Favorite Beaches: Anguilla BWI, Hawaii and Brazil
Style: waves
Gear: Epic
Brand Affiliation: Epic

Postby thierrydehove » Sun May 16, 2010 4:55 am

Guys
I am 170 pounds, pratice kite since 2001 and 10 years of windsurfing before so 30/40 knots is the wind I used to ride when I was in France ;-)

prayfawind27
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Blu hill, Coral harbour(in front of the little key) Go Slow, Club Med

Postby prayfawind27 » Sun May 16, 2010 5:18 am

thierrydehove wrote:Guys
I am 170 pounds, pratice kite since 2001 and 10 years of windsurfing before so 30/40 knots is the wind I used to ride when I was in France ;-)
whatever dude! either way it's pretty stupid to start up a duplicate post, why didn't you just post your review on the first one?

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One & Aeros kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera

Postby windmaker » Sun May 16, 2010 5:42 am

jcbua wrote:I have to agree along the same lines. Nearly 60 pages on another similiarly titled thread.. Have to wonder, unless this kite cures cancer or something, is there really that much more to say?
It's Epic's policy to ask their clients to post on this forum. I know, I was asked and received PM when my reviews where not to their liking.
Like so many other new kites on the market these days Epic kites are also very good, but are there any bad ones ? All these useless posts are simply damaging their image imo.

prayfawind27
Very Frequent Poster

Postby prayfawind27 » Sun May 16, 2010 5:51 am

windmaker wrote:
jcbua wrote:I have to agree along the same lines. Nearly 60 pages on another similiarly titled thread.. Have to wonder, unless this kite cures cancer or something, is there really that much more to say?
It's Epic's policy to ask their clients to post on this forum. I know, I was asked and received PM when my reviews where not to their liking.
Like so many other new kites on the market these days Epic kites are also very good, but are there any bad ones ? All these useless posts are simply damaging their image imo.
I'm incline to agree,

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Re: New brand Epic kites

Postby Dimitri M » Sun May 16, 2010 7:44 am

Hello guys,
Can you please keep your reviews on the same topic "New Brand:Epic Kites". This is the link: www.kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2360987
This is getting too complicated for people to learn things about EPIC kites. It is better to have it in one topic if possible. Keep it simple.

Thank you very much for your time.

P.S. And all I am asking is to give your own opinion about the kites after you tried them. It can be good or bad but all I want is your true impression about the kite. This helps us improving for the next season.
Also "windmaker", from what I remember, I did sent you the kite to test and asked you to give me your own opinion about the kite but you never did and told me that their was no wind to test the kite. You had the kite for 2 months. So at the end I asked you to send it to Mark Shinn because Mark wanted to try it, which he did and loved it.

Once again thank you for your sincere opinion on the kites (good or bad). :thumb:

Soleas
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Style: BIG AIR
Gear: Epic Screamer, Flysurfer Soul
Brand Affiliation: Epickites Cyprus Rep/Rider, Kiteflex team rider

Re: New brand Epic kites

Postby Soleas » Sun May 16, 2010 10:22 am

Guys take it easy, thierrydehove might have made a new thread by mistake? Mistakes like these happen so no big deal.

prayfawind27, you probably had your lines not setup properly, if you get another chance to fly it with properly trimmed lines I would like to hear a second opinion cause my 10m is very confy at its upper range and I am a light rider. If you need setup info feel free to pm me.

And to my dear friend and kitebuddy windmaker, I don't understand why so much hate with Dimitri? Useless posts?? What is that supposed to mean? I don't know about you but when i want to find out about a product I look for USER reviews . The more user honest reviews the better image I have in my head if that product suits me. In this case the useless posts ( as you call them ) are USER HONEST OPINIONS and I see nothing wrong with Dimitri asking kindly someone who tries an Epic kite to share his HONEST OPINION. No one is pushing or making anyone to post here. You can say your opinion (good or bad) or you can stay quiet its your choice. Epickites not only want to sell ( like anyother product in the market ) but also want to improve their product year after year so the more user opinions the better for the development of the kites to suit the user preferences.
I don't understand man, why would you say
I was asked and received PM when my reviews where not to their liking.
since you haven't tried the kites? You had the kite for 2 months and you didnt even open the bag.
If you had some differences in school with Dimitri when you guys were young or something I could understand it but you never met the guy so I don't understand why the hate.

Don't take me wrong man, I want us to be cool and see each other on the beach and have fun and good times. I just want to point out that this personal attacking posts lead nowhere.

Peace :remybussi:

Return to “Reviews”