*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: F-One Bandit III review
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:53 am 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:04 pm
Posts: 78
Correction: or update depending on how you think of it.

Previously I had stated that if your regular every day kite was a 12, that your everyday Bandit would probably be a 10. I have found that this is incorrect for me and that my everyday kite is the 9.

Your mileage may vary, but this is the way it seems to me. But I do know of at least one other 80kg rider who uses the 9 exclusively.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: F-One Bandit III review
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:28 am 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 5:37 am
Posts: 2
I got a new B3 11m a couple weeks ago, and I'm having trouble getting used to this thing and getting it dialed in. I started on two line kites, so its not like I'm just starting out. I have been riding an 10m 09 Nemi and 12m 08 Helix; both really different kites than the B3. The B3 was going to replace my Helix. The Helix has been a great kite for light wind and it has the tightest canopy of any kite I have seen, extremely efficient... that was the good stuff. It isn't that good unhooked, it doesn't loop well, and the leading edge buckles and freaks out on hard kiteloops and in high winds.

I didn't buy the F1 bar because it didn't get the greatest reviews, so I have been using my 45cm Best bar, and my 45cm Naish bar.

I am getting a ton of bar pressure compared to my other kites, and the kite isn't nearly as responsive as what I expected. It hasn't been that smooth in high winds either. I've only been able jump this thing well a couple times, and after trying to go big a few times it feels like my elbows are going to explode because of the bar pressure when I try to get this thing to swing through the window. My Nemi jumps to the moon and has a fraction of the bar pressure. The B3 also has done some crazy jellyfish action in winds around 28-30kts.

- Should I switch to a 55cm bar with 20m lines?
- Can the bar make that much of a difference on these kites?
- I don't think there is way to tune the kite as far as attachments go?
- Do they like fly more off the back lines or front lines?

Let me know if you have any ideas here. Thanks.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: F-One Bandit III review
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:02 am 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:31 am
Posts: 4
dcwiscorider wrote:
I got a new B3 11m a couple weeks ago, and I'm having trouble getting used to this thing and getting it dialed in. I started on two line kites, so its not like I'm just starting out. I have been riding an 10m 09 Nemi and 12m 08 Helix; both really different kites than the B3. The B3 was going to replace my Helix. The Helix has been a great kite for light wind and it has the tightest canopy of any kite I have seen, extremely efficient... that was the good stuff. It isn't that good unhooked, it doesn't loop well, and the leading edge buckles and freaks out on hard kiteloops and in high winds.

I didn't buy the F1 bar because it didn't get the greatest reviews, so I have been using my 45cm Best bar, and my 45cm Naish bar.

I am getting a ton of bar pressure compared to my other kites, and the kite isn't nearly as responsive as what I expected. It hasn't been that smooth in high winds either. I've only been able jump this thing well a couple times, and after trying to go big a few times it feels like my elbows are going to explode because of the bar pressure when I try to get this thing to swing through the window. My Nemi jumps to the moon and has a fraction of the bar pressure. The B3 also has done some crazy jellyfish action in winds around 28-30kts.

- Should I switch to a 55cm bar with 20m lines?
- Can the bar make that much of a difference on these kites?
- I don't think there is way to tune the kite as far as attachments go?
- Do they like fly more off the back lines or front lines?

Let me know if you have any ideas here. Thanks.



In original package 11m2 comes with 55cm bar. Try this first. My 11m B3 has a little bit more bar pressure than many other kites(which i like) but not nearly close to my elbows exploding:) i can ride it for 2-3hrs with no problems. B3 11m2 is quite big for 28-30kts...


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: F-One Bandit III review
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:44 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:01 pm
Posts: 203
Location: The World
I have riden the 5m 7m and 9m quite a bit...the only one that turned decent was the 5m...but then again shouldnt all 5m kites turn and loop fast? I would never buy these kites.

www.TheKiteLife.com


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: F-One Bandit III review
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 5:46 am 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:04 pm
Posts: 78
dcwiscorider"
Let me know if you have any ideas here. Thanks.[/quote]

You are definitely not pumping the kite up as far as it needs to be. Inflate it more!

[quote="dcwiscorider wrote:
- Should I switch to a 55cm bar with 20m lines?
- Can the bar make that much of a difference on these kites?


Yes, The bar and lines make a huge difference in my opinion.

dcwiscorider wrote:
- I don't think there is way to tune the kite as far as attachments go?


No there is not silly tuning by changing the attachments at the kite.

dcwiscorider wrote:
- Do they like fly more off the back lines or front lines?


The Back lines more.

The 11 has a lot more bar pressure than the 9. It isn't that much in comparison to many kites, but it is more than I like. That is why I like having a dynamic stopper. It is WAY worse when the kite is not properly inflated.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: F-One Bandit III review
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 5:51 am 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:04 pm
Posts: 78
TheKiteLife wrote:
I have riden the 5m 7m and 9m quite a bit...the only one that turned decent was the 5m...but then again shouldnt all 5m kites turn and loop fast? I would never buy these kites.



???? What? The Bandit turns faster than any other kite I have demoed. Maybe it is different if your in high winds all the time.

With such a strong opinion...
What kites do you think are better.

What is up with everyone wanting the kite to loop fast. If the kite loops fast then it isn't really looping. It's just turning off of it's wingtip. You want the kite to be powered all the way around an inner circle, not turning around a point at the wingtip. Otherwise you are just looping for show and not really looping at all. Of course you can achieve this sort of maneuver by sheeting the bar out as you loop.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: F-One Bandit III review
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:01 am 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 5:37 am
Posts: 2
I got to ride my 11m with a 55cm bar and 21m lines, and it made a world of difference. Bar pressure wasn't nearly as bad as with the smaller bar, and the kite turned a lot faster. The kite was great unhooked and had a lot more low-end range than I expected. It looped a lot better with the new bar setup. The kite jumps a lot like a C-kite.

Oqion was dead-on about pumping these to a solid 10psi. It made a ton of difference in the turning speed.

I'm a lot happier now that I have the correct bar setup and an understanding of what I should expect with the kite. Its not going to jump as high as the Nemesis or turn like a Ferrari, but its great for unhooking, super stable, lands smooths, good hangtime, and will help me progress with my freestyle riding.

Thanks for all the feedback.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: F-One Bandit III review
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:18 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 1:11 pm
Posts: 486
dcwiscorider wrote:
I got to ride my 11m with a 55cm bar and 21m lines, and it made a world of difference. Bar pressure wasn't nearly as bad as with the smaller bar, and the kite turned a lot faster. The kite was great unhooked and had a lot more low-end range than I expected. It looped a lot better with the new bar setup. The kite jumps a lot like a C-kite.

Oqion was dead-on about pumping these to a solid 10psi. It made a ton of difference in the turning speed.

I'm a lot happier now that I have the correct bar setup and an understanding of what I should expect with the kite. Its not going to jump as high as the Nemesis or turn like a Ferrari, but its great for unhooking, super stable, lands smooths, good hangtime, and will help me progress with my freestyle riding.

Thanks for all the feedback.



thats right!!!you have to pump this kite ready to explode(and its not going to)my everyday kite is a 9m and i love it...if you loose the kite in unhooking it will land smooth and not get destroyded like using a dead leash.....i love it .... i forgot .... jump high and yank you bar in strong winds(if you've got guts)you'll be amazed!!!!


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: F-One Bandit III review
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:12 pm 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:40 am
Posts: 2
hi guys, noone of you notices any problem about the water-relaunch in light wind conditions (12/15 knots)?
I think my B3-10 mq is a great kite in the air.. but in the water.. i found so many problems in relaunching..expecially without my board on foot :-?


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: F-One Bandit III review
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:21 am 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:21 am
Posts: 19
Super easy kite to relaunch.


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group