Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Flagbeach Fuerteventura for a kitesurfer and a surfer!

Forum for travel reports and travel questions
katrine1000
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Kegnæs
Style: cruisin'
Gear: Board: north, paris 129
Kites: LF envy 6 & 8, havoc 12,
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Flagbeach Fuerteventura for a kitesurfer and a surfer!

Postby katrine1000 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:58 pm

hey!

flagbeach fuerteventura, is this the place to go for a kitesurfer and a surfer? Sol y mar looks nice enough, what is the general attitude to this location?

We would want to go in August and really just want to know if the conditions are maybe to insane for a kitesurfer of 2 years. the canaries are known for windsurfers who seek nuclear winds i am sure... I would like to se constant winds but nothing to crazy that will blow me out of the water 8)

also my friend is not a kitesurfer but a surfer, so the spot should be quite close to a spot with waves, maybe.

What is your experience???

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: Flagbeach Fuerteventura for a kitesurfer and a surfer!

Postby Toby » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:32 pm

there are some surf spots further north...have a look here:

http://www.kitebeaches.com/kitesurf/reg ... ntura.html

and pay attention to the "Good for"
Attachments
Bild 5.png
Bild 5.png (6.67 KiB) Viewed 8720 times

smurphd
Rare Poster

Postby smurphd » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:35 am

i just came back after 2 weeks with no wind, you´ll definetly have to bring a 12.the nuke winds are in the winter time. flagbeach is ok if you been sailing for a couple of years though there are some nasty rocks in the water you only see at low tide and it can get a bit crowded, but you can just go further out and it´s no problem.if u want to do wave riding you have to go to another place like cotillo, thats only 15 min drive from flagbeach, but also lots of rocks there.i think it´s necessary to rent a car so u can drive after the wind.u can rent one in the airport for around 145 euro a week.we stayed at park playa club or hotel which was one of the cheapest we could find and close to flagbeach.we booked our appartment through http://www.thomson.co.uk/hotels.html and it was alot cheaper than if we just booked at the hotel.we had alot of space compared to living at a surf hostel though it would probably be alot nicer to stay at sol y mar or something.i dont think i would go there in summertime again.we only had 3 days on the water and i broke my board but then again i didnt bring bigger than 9 and if i have had my 12 it would have been possible to get more water time, wont make that mistake again.hope you´ll have lots of wind if u go
Attachments
IMG_0620.JPG
cotillo

katrine1000
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Kegnæs
Style: cruisin'
Gear: Board: north, paris 129
Kites: LF envy 6 & 8, havoc 12,

Postby katrine1000 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:49 pm

oh, thank you for your reply. well we are going in august and i really hope there will be wind. we are staying at sol y mar, i think, at least thats what it looks like so far.

well we already booked it all, maybe we are lucky and we will have some wind days in august :-) i have talked to some people who say its nice wind wise but not so much surf wise...! i guess we will have to see for ourselves. thanks for your update!

bluerocketboy
Medium Poster
Style: wakestyle

Postby bluerocketboy » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:42 pm

I'm pretty sure that fuerte is windyest in the summer, july-aug. and that it is not windy and the surf pumps in the winter but no wind. i've been in aug twice and got every day nice and windy.

have a look at www.flagbeach.com for wind stats

other than the other kiters flag beach is quite safe and u can get safety boat cover at the kite school there

Return to “Travel”